headsup tripledraw starting hands

In SuperSystem2 Daniel recommends playing only the following hands:Pat 7s, 8s, one card draws to a 7 (except 7654), one card draws to an 8 that includes a 3 or 2, two card draws to a wheel that include a 7 or 2, 762xx, two card draws to 85432, and three card draws to a wheel that include a 2.Even adding the rest of the two card draws to an 8 that include a 3 or 2 means that you are only playing 37.2% of the hands. Isn't this too tight for HU play? It would seem that the button could just raise with almost any hand at all if the BB is only calling 37% of the time.What additional hands are playable?

yes, I think that it is too tight. You can't just play as if everyone has folded to you in 6-handed because you don't get enough hands to pay for the blinds. I have experimented with playing "good" 3 card draws that have either 2+7 or 3+8 to avoid straights, but drawing 3 can cost you a lot of money if your requirements remain stringent, and I have been ripped apart by players with rougher hand selection. You also leave yourself vulnerable to snowers if you don't loosen your requirements quickly on the later streets, so why not start playing rough from the get-go? I think a 2 card draw to a 9 (with no 8 ) must be good, and perhaps any 3 cards below 8? Unfortunately, I'm really not much good at heads up, so don't take my word for it. Anyone else?

good questionheads upoop, any hand w/ any 3 cards 10's or lower. i know that if i make my 10 low after the second draw, i'll most likely win the hand if my opponent doesnt stay pat on that second draw. then i'll lead out, and stay pat, forcing my opponent to draw if they have something similar (like a 10 or bad 9 low). one of my favorite plays is to bet out a 10 or j low after the 2nd draw, and 3-bet if i get raised. that way i can stay pat and force my opponent to draw their bad 9, 10, or j.on the button, any 3 cards j's or lower. and i'll raise pf and on any street if my opponent has drawn 2 or more. it's much more about position than your hand holdings, and you'll usually win many pots just bc of your position.