best hand i ever played?

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with [5s], [6s]. MP1 posts a blind of $2. UTG calls, MP1 (poster) checks, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.Flop: (16.50 SB) [7h], [Js], [3h] (4 players)BB bets, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.Turn: (9.75 BB) [4s] (3 players)BB bets, BB calls.River: (13.75 BB) [6d] (2 players)BB bets, BB calls.Final Pot: 17.75 BBMaybe someone can benefit from me posting this. Maybe I need to be critiqued. Those of you guys who explained equity raising to me, is this right?

PF was really bad. You don't have equity PF with this hand.
Ok, well, then what do I have equity with? when there are 2 EP limpers?Also, where in Terre Haute are you from hotbacon? (Happy 2000th post to me)

I never raise 56s unless it's a steal. In this spot, with the poster, I would raise T9s and up. Without the poster, I'd probably need QJs or better, but I think I'm too passive in these situations.

Basically, by raising you are cutting down on your implied odds.If the blinds are loose, I really don't mind the pf raise. I'd be more inclined to make it with 3+ limpers, and maybe a slightly stronger hand like 87s, but I don't think you lose anything by raising here.Capping is just plain bad though.Everything else is good.

I really hate preflop. If this is going to be a 5 or 6 way pot I don't mind the preflop raise. But capping with 56s is just spewing imo. Way to often here we miss completely.Post flop: the hand played itself out. You called getting odds to draw to a gutshot and runner flush draw and hit the straight. Of course you're gonna get paid when it hits.

Guest Anonymous

You'll flop an OESD about 10% of the time, and a flush or flush draw another 10%, so 80% of the time you flop practically nothing. Of the 20% of the time you hit a draw, you'll win about 1/3, so you can expect to win with a monster about 7% of the time give or take a few percentages. You need about 12 callers to make raising right with low suited connectors. This ignores fold equity on later streets, and the equity of pair hands (which I think is quite low). Low suited connectors make money on implied odds. As such, you need to get the flop as cheaply as possible, and jam the pot with a made hand or a profitable draw. If you hit your draw (OESD or flush), you can bet/raise with 3 guaranteed callers on the flop, and that is an equity edge.Preflop, you need to be likely to win the pot more than your fair share. Big cards have higher equity than drawing hands preflop. Do you use PT? If so, sort by win percentage (hmmm...can you do that? Have to check tonight). Any hand you win more than 25% of pots with has an edge vs 3 callers. 20% for 4 callers, 33% for 2 callers...you get the picture. Some of your findings will be tainted by variance...you may win 40% with 54s for all I know, but you should get the general idea of the equity of hands.

Also, don't forget how easy it is to hit a flush with a low suited connector, only to lose to someone else's higher flush.In the example here, you could have very easily lost 7.5 BB on this hand if someone had hit a high flush. You're right to play the suited connector here, but the raises just reek of randomly throwing money around.If that's the best hand you've ever played, I'd like to play with you a lot more.