my favorite sidegame

I just read Daniel's article about his favorite dealer's choice game Vanunu. I thought I'd share one of my favorite sidegame, Grocery Shopping. It's high/low eight or better no declare and played like seven card stud h/l. The twist is every one is dealt two cards face down and then four community cards are dealt in the center. The deck is placed in the center and the player left of the dealer has the option of buying the first card for a dollar the 2nd for $2, 3rd for $3, and 4th for $4. Or if none of the cards showing coordinates with your hand (or you're just a cheap bastard) you can take a free card off the top of the deck. When a player buys a community card, the top deck replaces that card and it remains the cost of the original (4th card is always $4 3rd is $3 etc.) After each round of buying comes a round of betting. Then after everyone has four up cards the board is taken away and the seventh card comes off the deck face down. The fun part is trying to figure where everyone else is at during the buying period and defending your own hand by buying cards you don't necessarily need. There are some other finer points but that is the gist. When I introduced Vanunu to my dealer's choice game they loved it. I'm always looking for new wacky games to try. Anyone else have any crazy ones to share?

Ok, I gotta letcha know two other rules about it then. Every new round of buying the first person to buy is supposed to rotate one to the left. Also, if the last person to act in a buying round purchases a card it's replacement is not flipped up till after that betting round (to keep someone that may like the replacement from pounding the pot). It's addicting. :-)

It's all about Socko pineapple....It's played like regular pineapple, where you get three cards and discard one before the flop. In this version, the discards become the board cards (this game is best played with 6 players)So everyone discards one before the flop. The discards are shuffled and then dealt as the board in a regular fashion (no burn cards unless there are eight or more player)This game is the greatest. Try it.Or maybe it sucks. I dont know. I enjoy it.