changing my attitude for october

I had a dismal September, and not just because of variance. Variance was a bitch, don't get me wrong. We all lose with AA-QQ, with flopped sets, and have nights when our draws never come through, and on the occasional bad night, never win with my good cards. That happens to everyone, and shouldn't affect your overall winrate. Unfortunately, during September, I was also calling too many turn raises with TPTK in small pots against good players, and making too many crying calls with 0% chance of winning the pot when someone obviously outdrew me. The bottom line: I gave back close to 150 BB throughout September. Which is a lot, playing part-time (6-10 hours a week).So, on Friday, during the final cruise of the Bluenose, feeling the wind on my face in Lunenburg Harbour, I thought about what everyone thinks about during their most serene moments: Poker.I considered my bad plays; my good hands; where I lost money or missed bets; and why I was making so many bad decisions post-flop. And it came down to the fact that I was playing the cards instead of playing the people. I feel that I became too attached to Pokertracker stats, and ignored my own instincts on the players I was up against. When I first started playing online, I would take diligent notes on the standout players (both good and bad) on Pokerstars. I really got away from that when I jumped to Party, and relied heavily on datamining or preconceived notions (Party is a huge fishtank, all of my opponents are donkeys, that sort of thing). That was a mistake. You really need to pay attention to the other player's tendancies, even at Party.Long story short, since this change in attitude (and limits...I'm back one limit for a week, at least), I have started to turn things around. At the rock garden known as Pokerstars, of all places. In session one, I recognized a player as a true maniac (98% flops seen, 60%+ preflop raise, never stopped betting), and won over 60 BB in a two hours, mostly off this one donkey. Session two had similar results (50 BB over 3 hours), thanks to a couple of calling stations and some well-timed value bets. I hope that I can retain my concentration (I know that two sessions with decent cards means nothing) for the rest of the month.

Fold PF.
I hate youTo the OP, that's a good idea, September was a bitch to me as well, and i came to a similar realization. My game has really turned around bc of it. Keep up the good work.