couple of questions

1) I've been reading Harrington a lot (love it) and he outlines some basics for raising in an unopened pot. I plpay conservatively pre-flop and was pretty much doing that, but he doesnt mention what kinds of hands he would just call with? Any ideas for a conservative player?2) I'm having trouble deciding if I'm playing A-x suited right when x is 10 or lower. I usually raise it shorthanded or at a large table in an unopened pot from late position, and call everywhere else. Any part of that donkish?

Harrington does mentioned limping with some of the hands that he would normally raise with, as part of a strategy to keep your opponents off balance. I suggest you go back and peruse the section where he talks about individual starting hands, a little more closely. As far playing Ax, I'd say that you should almost never play it if it's unsuited (except to steal the blinds if it's folded around to you in late position). And, I wouldn't necessarily advocate playing it suited, again unless you can open the pot in late position. You could maybe limp with Ax suited if the table has been very passive, but there have been pre-flop raises in most hands, just throw it away.In general, I think that it's best to avoid limping in NL as much as possible. NL is a game that allows us to control pot odds and get information about opponents hands by controlling the amount that is bet. By limping we get no information. I think it's best to raise if you're going to play a pot.

1) I've been reading Harrington a lot (love it) and he outlines some basics for raising in an unopened pot. I plpay conservatively pre-flop and was pretty much doing that, but he doesnt mention what kinds of hands he would just call with? Any ideas for a conservative player?2) I'm having trouble deciding if I'm playing A-x suited right when x is 10 or lower. I usually raise it shorthanded or at a large table in an unopened pot from late position, and call everywhere else. Any part of that donkish?
You have to understand the gap concept in order to fully understand what you can call with. Basically you have to have an opening hand from and early/ early middle position to call a bet made from the middle when you have late position.