hand against jayson weber at the mgm

and btw, i think tabling your 8-8 was pretty bad.granted, you're roommates and it was probably in good fun, but against most opponents, that was a bad show.your opponent was making a mistake according to the fundamental theorem, and by showing, you're discouraging him from making that same mistake in the future.it's true that this might put your opponent on tilt or cause him to pay you off in the future, but him making pot-sized mistakes repeatedly (folding the best hand continually when you don't show) is MUCH better than him making bet-sized mistakes repeatedly (paying you off for an extra bet continually when you show).aseem

your opponent was making a mistake according to the fundamental theorem, and by showing, you're discouraging him from making that same mistake in the future. Nah, you're encouraging him to call or three-bet more in that situation where you'll ussually have it.JW's going to play it the same on that board with those cards every time, so it's irrelevant.

I would never have thought of this line, which is kinda depressing.I'm still trying to figure out what you were thinking during this hand. I have some ideas, but they could be way off :? First, Jayson betting into you after you 3-bet the flop is strange. He has to think that you will raise here most of the time, so he can't be scared of getting raised. This increases the likelyhood of you getting 3-bet on the flop if you raise, which really sucks.You just calling the flop has to confuse him a little bit. You never took the line you were supposed to take, so you probably have him thinking either/or situations. Either you are weak (mid pp)/on a draw (flush, overcards)/very strong. When the club comes on the turn, this is the perfect semi-bluff raising situation. When you raise the turn, Jayson has to think that the likelyhood of you having a mid pp has just went way down. If you were on a draw, there's a 50% chance you just got there. So the chances that you have a very strong hand just went way up. He's not going to 3-bet you here unless he's got you crushed, in which case you can safely throw your eights into the muck. If he has something like a pair of jacks, he won't 3-bet because of the way the hand played out. You still get to see a showdown for the same price as if it went call/call, but now you have an extra way to win - making Jayson lay down the better hand. I guess your thinking of folding the turn if a non-club hit was that the chances that your semi-bluff would succeed went way down.Am I even close? Did I miss anything?I just want to learn :!:

thank you, screech. You made my morning.basically, I have 3 ways to win the pot.1) I have the best hand (10%)2) I draw out (20%)3) I get a better hand to fold (10%)so, 40% of the time i win with a raise.The pot is big enough to risk 2BB obviously.

I don't think this hand is any more difficult than this...raise the turn for free showdown/sometimes win the pot on the turn.Why do people think that's so wrong?The small % of the time that you get 3bet on the turn by a worse hand or led into on the river by a worse hand isn't enough to make the turn raise incorrect. If opponent makes a play like that, just tip your hat to him and say nh. You'll win lots of money from him later.-Travis

I can't see him betting many draws out of position on that flop. Maybe a Q9 of clubs, a KQ, or an AQ. Otherwise it looks like a J or a T.I say raise flop, bet turn, check river and fold if he ever retakes lead.On that turn w/o club i say dump it. On this one pump it.