bonus whoring 101 conflict

Ok, so im pretty new to poker. Ive done alot of reading, and piddling around on a few poker sites (party, pacific and ub, so im not eligible for 1st deposit bonus at these sites). After playing on these sites and eventually losing the little bit of money that i put in, i decided that i wanted to build a bankroll and play within "bankroll management". I deposited $100.00 in bodog and got an instant $100.00 match, while clearing my bonus, i also made $100.00. Leaving my bankroll at $300.00 and looking for new bonuses which led me to the Bonuswhores.com site. (will not allow link, censors it)Reading "Bonus Whoring 101" it says... Which situation best represents you? Do you have $500? Go to #1 and go straight through the rest of the guide. Do you have less than $500, but more than $200? Go to the Cryptos at #5. Do you have less than $200, but more than $50? Go to Bet365 at #9 and then through #13. Are you a player who prefers to clear bonuses in tournaments? Go to Bodog at #18. So i go Cryptos at #5 and read the details and it suggest that you play 1/2 to clear the bonus. BUT, bankroll management tells me that to play 1/2 i need to have 300 times the big bet which would be $600.00. A huge conflict.No flaming PLZ!! Im a nice person :wink: Any suggestions as to what to do next that would benefit me and stay within my bankroll management rules??

There are a few ways to approach bonus whoring. Some people just go for any and all bonuses irregardless of the site. This is ok I guess but not ideal for someone who is trying to improve their game and win the majority of their money from solid play.I use bonuses as just that, a bonus to my earnings. I keep a good amount of money in my neteller at all times and whenever the the sites that I enjoy playing on and have found to be profitable (about 5) have a bonus, I take advantage of it. The bonuses are usually enough to recoup my bad days and my wins stay solid wins. I only play a couple hours a day so this is usually enough to keep me pretty busy. If you play considerably more I would still suggest sticking to a core group of sites so that you can focus on improving your game. I think there's more money in this approach long term. A lot of the sites you'll try to whore won't have good games available to you when you want them. The tables will either break a lot or will be very tight if it's a crappy site offering a nice bonus.So my advice is to play where it's profitable and get the bonuses when you can.Goodluck

So i go Cryptos at #5 and read the details and it suggest not a requirement to play 1/2 to clear' date=' so stay within your bankroll management.[/quote']There are 3 site listed under the Cryptologic skins.. William HillLittlewoods PokerPoker PlexIf you read the brief description on each of those 3, they all state the same thing...."The bonus must be cleared at 1/2 and above when playing limit and 0.50/1.00 when playing NL."Im just not thrilled with the way that Cryptos Bonuses work, so i think ill just move on to a few smaller ones to build a little more then hit the big Noble and Royal Vegas bonuses.

Congrats on getting started with the whoring. It definetely can be very lucrative when you do build up the roll. Here is just a little help that I've done that has helped build my roll in the past two months. I started with the $75 from instantbankroll.com for party poker. Since you have already signed up with party, this one is no good. But, do sign up at pokersourceonline.com. When you do sign up to do a new promotion, always take the PSO points as you can buy whatever you want in the store. I've taken the points that I've gotten and just bought party gift cards. The best thing about these is that they just transfer money into your account and you don't have to do anything other than cash out. Be sure to check out the promotions forums for upgrade codes to get additional points. Try and start with the lowest bonuses and work your way up. Since you've done party and pacific, the next easiest sites are paradise and bodog. You aren't looking so much right now to get the biggest bonus, but ones that are easy to clear to get the bonus and the PSO points. Another great addition that you'll need to look into is Pokertracker. My suggestion would be to sign up for PSO, sign up for paradise with the pso points prize, and then buy the program from the store when the points clear. You'll get the $50 bonus and the program, not too bad. If you do sign up for PSO, I'd love the referral: shinychickenWhen you do get to the $500 point, go back and hit up all of the party skins and that will be the easiest grand you've ever made. You can clear the $100 bonus in about 4 hours playing 3+ tables. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help out if I can.