daniel negreanu's profile

Sorry, didn't search past posts, and this could go in profile section but for those who dont go there and havent been to Barry Greensteins site, here is his profile on Daniel, our boy...with all of the talk about Ivey, my fav player, wanted to remind us of our main man... anyways here it is, and check out all the other pro profiles (some personal and hilarious stuff about them too, esp. Ted Forrest)********************************************************Daniel Negreanu Aggressiveness: 7 Looseness: 7 Short-handed: 8 Limit: 8 No-limit: 8 Tournaments: 9 Side games: 7 Steam control: 7 Against weak players: 8 Against strong players: 7 Best game: Omaha Eight-or-better Weakness: Efforts to balance his life lessen his money-making ability Daniel has become a consistent winner at the $1000-$2000 level in a limited side-game schedule. Daniel’s won the 2004 Card Player Player of the Year award and the 2004 WSOP Player of the Year award – pretty impressive.His light-hearted nature, good writing, and accessibility to poker enthusiasts have made Daniel one of the most popular players. Daniel is often mentioned as the top player by newsgroup posters. In the past, Daniel occasionally showed questionable judgment speaking his mind, but the grounding effect of the relationship with his fiancée Lori has helped him make better decisions.Amusing anecdoteIn the summer of 2004, Daniel and I were the two leaders in the Player of the Year race. He asked me how hard I was going to try to win. I told him I wouldn’t play many small events, but I was hoping to leave myself close enough so that if I won the final event of the year, I would become Player of the Year in heroic fashion. Daniel found himself in second place going into the final event of the year. He did exactly what I was hoping to do: he won, dominating the field and making it look easy.