situation and looking for advice

I was recently playing a small buy in sit and go on pokerstars...with 7 players left, the blinds were at 25/50, im in the BB with about 1200 in chips (we start with 1500 on stars with 10/20 blinds) for those of you who do not know).the player from second position doubles the blind to 100, gets 2 callers behind him. Theres about 400 in the pot and im the BB with 22. I call 50 more to see a flop. The flop comes J 2 8, 2 diamonds. I bet out, not wanting to deal with draws with 4 to the flop, so I bet out 300, 3/4 the size of the pot and a pretty big bet at this stage of the tournament. The preflop raiser calls the bet and both other players fold. The turn is K diamonds, putting the flush out there. I bet out 400 here. I figured if he had it hed put me all in for my last 500 chips and if he didnt hed throw it away, with the scare card out, but he called the bet, leaving me very confused. The turn brough a complete blank, and I decided that I needed those chips with the aggressive middle staged play, so with my set I moved in for my last 450ish in chips...he called and showed KK, a higher set. Now, the only change in play I can think of is checking the river and I guess he wouldve checked too potentially scared of the flush and I would still be in but severely crippled, but Im not sure if I blatantly misread this hand or if I should have approached this in a completely different way...thoughts?

With an overpair he is likely going to stay in the pot regardless of what type of post flop raise you put out there. Once he hits trips on the turn, your just screwed. I don't think there is anyway this hand comes out differently unless you fold your trips.

thats what i figured...i cant imagine I could make a bet representing a flush and put him off top set...thanks for the reply.