Won a satellite into tomorrow's WSOP $1000 NL event...

I just got back from winning a $100 one table satellite into the $1000 buy in NL tourney tomorrow at Harrah's in AC. I'd say it was 40% skill and 60% luck... mostly a crap shoot. I got real lucky a rivered an 8 for a set of 8's against another guys pocket Kings after my first all in and tripled up.Anyway, after thinking about it, I've decided not to play in the tournament tomorrow because I can't justify that much of my bankroll going to one tournament quite yet. I wish they hadn't given me the choice and forced me to play, but it's probably not the best idea to play my first tournament of more than 50 players in a WSOP event. I sold my voucher already and I'll most likely be hanging around AC playing lower limit poker and Bally's and/or the Taj.The staff at Harrah's gets 2 thumbs up for being enthusiastic about the event. They get three thumbs down for having any clue how to run an event or a group of poker tables. The paperwork line was 6 people deep at all times and just took forever (even for just a $125 buyin to a satellite). Our dealer for our tournament had NEVER had to make a side pot before (but claimed to have been dealing hold 'em for over a year). There were more blunders in the 2 hour satellite than I've seen in a LONG time. They missed moving the button at least twice... etc. I guess I'm spoiled by online poker. :D See ya at the tables tomorrow...

Card. how was the tourney setup? Did they make a new pokeroom at harrahs because the one they have is pretty small? Im going down to the 10K event and plan to chill out and watch. Can anyone watch also?Thanks a lot

again.. it is the worst tournament structure ever... 125 satelitte starts with 500 chips ... blinds start at 10 25 and then 25 50... we were able to play 5 hands the first 15 min.. and 6 hands the 2nd 15... I got lucky and tripled up with AK vs A9 vs A9... dealers in the cash game (2/5 NL were dealing about 19 to 22 hands per HOUR.... hilarious...

I also won a $1000 voucher. I'm going back tonight to try to beat a table for $10k. I'll take 10-1 odds to win 10K versus 300-1 odds to win the $1000 event anyday.Anybody else from here that's going?And how did you sell yours? If I win $10k voucher and sell it for cash, I'll be scared as hell to make that transaction.

The guy I was sitting next to at my table was the one who offered as soon as I had won it. He was real nice about it and had the cash, so it didn't seem shady or anything.Like somebody else said, it was $500 in cheap ass chips (same plastic quality they have a Target in the Michael Graves poker set if anyone has those). We generally played between 5 and 7 hands per blind round (15 minutes). Ridiculous. I got lucky and got queens, tens, and aces once each in the first 30 hands or so and managed to stay in it. When the blinds got to 100-200, it was just an all-in fest with the last 7 people because 5 of us had under 500 in chips left and would be blinded out anyway. It was just a horrible tournament and it had very little to do with poker skill.The room that they had the tables in was a converted ballroom. They had an entrance for players and an entrance for the "gallery", but no seats if you were watching. I think they probably had 15-20 tables in that room, but I didn't count. No food or drink station and I think we saw a drink lady once during our 2 hour tournament.I wish I had competed in the $1000 buy in, but I guess I'll have to wait to take on the big boys. Maybe next year. At least I can move up from $.50-$1 now since I have a slightly larger bankroll now. Though I may stick around there a little while longer since I'm still about a break even poker player at $.50-$1 when 4 tabling and I'd really like to be making money. I think I'd just get rivered less playing my good hands at $1-$2 or $2-$4. We'll see!See you all on Tuesday in the forum tournament!

I sure hope they get the dealers trained better for the $10k event. I can't count the number of times I had to help a dealer split a pot. A couple of times a dealer dealt the flop before betting was done. Just unbelievable stuff. One time, a new dealer came to the table and sat down. First words out of her mouth were, "This is my first time dealing, so don't get mad if a screw up." I can't imagine the pros putting up with the crap we saw.