more 1/2 l he: textbook semibluff, played correctly?

Care to expand on that? Everyone else had talked me out of raising the flop.
A lot of reasons to raise the flop. Your hand has pretty good equity against the range of hands that might have hit this flop. You have the overs and gutshot as you said.But most importantly I think is the fact that you have position and this raise has a tremendous amount of fold equity. You want to clean up outs so that if you improve you will likely have the best hand.I actually think calling this flop would be pretty horrible.But, maybe you should listen to "everyone else". My advice would be not to do that though.
I'll gladly admit that KQs is one of the few hands worthy of cold calling. I just think that I'd love to make two limpers pay two extra bets to see the flop with their garbage. As I said before, I also have a deep hatred of cold calling. I'm a bit biased on this one.
Just because you don't LIKE calling doesn't mean you shouldn't. 3betting this PF is silly.My final line would be.Call pre-flopraise the flopcheck/call the turn.
I agree with this line of reasoning. When I first read the hand history I liked the move, even though some overcalls would pay you off if you his the flush, you are elimnating hands that could beat you as well, like Q9, K9, Ax etc. The pots decent sized now why not improve your pot equity position? Another thought is that calling here could end up costing you more bets if the KQ hits and you're reraised with 2 pair.

What's up guys,I'm new to limit he so be easy on me but something occurred to me while looking over the analysis and I've seen this a few times. It looks like an overplayed low pocket pair. The guy raises with something like 7's or 8's (or whatever, insert any low pair here) and just gets called so he figures you for middle pair or a draw. Then the ace hits on the turn so he tries to represent it by check raising you but you call. I wouldn't have thought about it this way until he checked on the river. Maybe sometimes people will go for two check raises in a row but it seems at the low levels (which is my only online experience) once they've check raised once they have given the strength of their hand away and they just go ahead and bet the river. In this case, the guy just gave up. Now he may have figured you hit your straight but it seems so many times i have called that bet on the river with second best pair only for the other guys to turn over some crap like pocket threes. In fact i think i saw this probably like ten times just last night on the .25-.50 at UB. Anyway, just a thought.-shortfuze

Nevermind what I just said, I just reread and saw that you didn't just call but three bet the flop and he called, then he check raised you, so he probably does have a pretty strong hand, though still afraid he's beat on the river.-shortfuze

Three-betting this preflop is bad. Cold-calling preflop here is best.The flop raise is good.Betting that turn kind of sucks.
I agree that the turn raise is bad, but i disagree about 3 betting pre flop for me this is a standard preflop raise because by coldcalling you encourage the blinds to call with garbage. Also by 3 betting pre flop i think you gain some info and makes reading your opponents hand easier to read based on there actions. I don't want an argument about this i was just wondering why you think cold calling is best here, curious to hear your reasoning behind this.
Three-betting this preflop is bad. Cold-calling preflop here is best.The flop raise is good.Betting that turn kind of sucks.
I agree that the turn raise is bad, but i disagree about 3 betting pre flop for me this is a standard preflop raise because by coldcalling you encourage the blinds to call with garbage. Also by 3 betting pre flop i think you gain some info and makes reading your opponents hand easier to read based on there actions. I don't want an argument about this i was just wondering why you think cold calling is best here, curious to hear your reasoning behind this.
Taking it back reading your reasoning it sounds a pretty good reason to coldcall. I ought to make my mind up. :roll:
In rethinking and reading this thread I feel very good about cold-calling preflop.Two limpers, one raise, action's on me on the button with KQs. If I threebet, I'll only isolate down to heads up with a hand I'm *probably* already behind to... either Ax-AK or a pocket pair. Raising K-J on down in the cut-off's position is a pretty bad move judging by how big it would make the pot get (and how hard it would be to proceed post-flop with a trap hand in a big pot).By cold-calling, I have position, and it encourages more hands to call. That helps my hand (a drawing suited connector, if you think about it that way), and hurts his hand (whatever's strong enough to be forced to raise here with EVERYONE calling. In truth, it went down that way. We saw a 5 handed flop, and he had AJo (I'd hate to be in a 5 way pot for 5BB on the flop with AJo). The alternative would be in a 3-4 BB flop heads up with the cut off, and that's IF he wasn't strong enough to make it 4 back to me.Last of all, he won't put me on KhQh. Worth something. He must have had a devil of a time figuring out what I had by the way I bet the flop and turn, and it gave me a) a free showdown, b) a missed 3rd bet on the flop, and c) what should have been as much as 2 missed bets on the turn (had I not gotten check-raised, like I should have.I much prefer cold-calling to three betting preflop here.