Ok guys i have a major problem...will try to keep it short. Its mainly for online poker but at times it effects me in live games. Online i ususally play 5-10 limit. My goal is usually to make $200-$250 per session, now if it takes 20 mins so be it, i leave. Well when i start losing a little i cant seem to get off and tell myself "well just get even then leave" well that ends up costing me a lot more. Sometimes when i have made like $500 in 2 days, i end up blowing all that in one session. Need help to control myself and tell myself that i am not going to win every session and try to minimize my loss for the day......I CANT SEEM TO DO IT. I'll keep playing to get even and play on hours on end and when i am winning i hardly even play an hour....Any advise would be great.......Daniel give me some words of wisdom please?Anyone please help on this problem as i know if i minimize my losses in a session i would be doing very very well at online or poker in general..I have tried to play by time and not results it works when i am winning but again when losing it doesnt help me........cause i cant stop...NEED TO CONTROL MYSELF!Great site/forum...keep up the great work.

This is a bad way to be. Mike Caro talks about this problem quite a bit. You never want to manufacture a win. If you win a bunch of money at a table and then leave, you're not getting full value out of a good situation. Presumably the table is good if you are winning. You should milk it for all it's worth!! It's the opposite when you're losing. The table is more likely to be hard to beat if you're already losing. That's a big problem. You're always leaving under good conditions and staying too long under bad ones.Caro suggests trying to play every hand as if you are even. Your bankroll is what it is right now. Not what it was at the start of the day. You simply make the right decisions as they come up and count your winnings at the end of the month or year. You can't win every day so don't try to.