NL Full Ring ? Draws

There are a couple of ways to look at it. Generally you want to get the most money for your bet with draws like these. A pot sized bet will either make people fold and win you the pot right there, or give people later to act better pot odds to stay in with top pair, trips etc. and maybe even a draw of their own.Now, to make drawing profitable in terms of +EV you want to have as many callers as possible when you do hit your draw. By just winning pots on the flop when you are four to a flush or straight you aren't getting the best value for the bet there. To be profitable long term when drawing you want those pots where you hit your draws to be big.Thus, I like to make 1/3 to 1/2 pot sized bets when drawing on the flop. This generally gets 1-3 callers and more money in the pot and good odds for me to continue drawing if I miss my hand on the river. If you get a caller from the pot sized bet on the flop you may trap yourself to being committed to the pot by continuing to bet. If you bet smaller amounts you are getting a better +EV on the hand when you do hit the draw.I know some people will say that winning the pot right there is the best thing, and it's great when it happens. But most drawing hands are not strong enough to merit that play all the time.... thus you want to get callers on your drawing hands to have a greater +EV long term.

Depends a lot what you're drawing at, too.If you track all your hands, you'll see you win a lot of money in NL ring games catching underflushes to a nut flush.Does it happen often, not particulalry, but often enough to matter. I'm a lot more likely to bet a draw to the nuts than I am to bet a draw to a 9 high flush.