So I have AK of hearts in middle position and raise. I am playing .5 / 1 limit holdem and I get 3 callers; the button, SB, and BB. The flop comes with something like QT5, one heart. The SB checks and the BB bets. What is the best thing to do here? 2 overcards, backdoor nut flush draw, and nut gutshot draw. I don't think folding here is a choice, but should I raise or just call? I know that these players are very loose and aggressive, so they could basically have anything and be betting with it, whether it be a Jack high or a set of Queens...

If you just call you gain nothing, you have to raise, at the very least you should gain some info and if you don't hit on the turn you might get a free card outta the deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. What is the size of the pot? Right now it is 4.50.2. Figure out your odds of improving to the BEST hand? For your ace or king htting on the turn I would basically give you 1.5 outs per card given that you are up against 3 opponents. Thus you are 15 to 1 against improving on the turn. For the backdoor flush you are about 25 to 1 against improving by the river. For your gut-shot straight draw you are 15 to 1 against improving by the turn. So your total odds are about 5 to 1.3. What are your pot odds? Your pot odds are 9 to 1. However, you must take into consideration the possibility of a raise behind you or a check-raise by your opponent in the small blind. A raise would force you to make an incorrect call. If your opponent in the SB check-raises a lot than fold. If the opponent on the button will raise a lot with medium holdings than fold. A raise reduces your pot odds to 4.5 to 1, which makes a call incorrect. What hands could your opponent in the big blind hold. I would think he either has top pair(AQ, KQ, QJ, Q9, or Q8), middle pair (AT, KT, JT, T9), two pair (QT) , a set (QQ, TT, or 55), or a hand like KJ or J9. You said your opponents were loose, but with three opponents in the hand it is more than likely that one of them is on a strong draw or already has top pair or second pair with a strong kicker basically because they called a preflop raise. Play your hand with caution, your overcards are more than likely counterfeited.Generally fold overcard draws unless you have added value to your hand such as this one. Most of the time your aces are conterfeited as well as your kings in this situation. You also want to be closing the betting or close to it when considering to draw to overcards with added value, this situation would not be closing the betting but if your opponents behind you will not raise, than call, if they will raise, fold.Raising in this situation is a questionable play. You don't have a strong hand and you risk the possibility of being reraised. I think that play would be a negative EV since in order for you to make the best hand it would be a very slim possibility if you are reraised or even called. You are most likely up against a good hand with three opponents in the hand and an opponent willing to bet into a preflop raiser and opponents left to act behind you. There is a lot to consider when making a call with overcards and added value and I may not have covered it all, but did my best at it. It's a marginal decision at best and you wouldn't lose much if you folded them all the time.In your situation I would call to see one more card in a loose passive game. I would most likely fold if the game is very aggressive.