U.s. Full Tilt Players Should Expect To Wait At Least Another Year

Just goes to show how hypicritical the government is. They make such a case that they are concerned about protecting consumers from the nefarious offshore sites when in fact they couldn't care less. The DOJ dragged its feet about even selecting an entity to distribute the funds, now it seems that the entity they chose doesn't have a clue.

If the DOJ had allowed PokerStars to return the US funds, the money would have been returned by now. I think that a myth has developed that when online poker becomes regulated in the US, that the online sites are going to run smoother and be more upstanding than ever before. The truth of the matter is that the sites that currently operate are the ones who have the expertise to get things done. The new sites that spring up post regulation, in actuality, are going to spend years re-inventing the wheel.

• Like 1

Sadly, this is the expected result. I doubt payouts will begin until at least 2017; I would not be surprised if the funds were never paid.

If the DOJ had allowed PokerStars to return the US funds the money would have been returned by now.

If Pokerstars were allowed to directly reimburse us, it would have taken them less than a week after buying Full Tilt for them to do so. They are that damn good.