the million dollar question..

...Happened to me!!! Alas, it was only a $10 sit and go, but I could have been at the WSOP, Varkoni (sp?) on my left, Moneymaker on my right...hell let's have some real players at the table, Danny and Edog as well! Anyhow, probably 5 hands into the game, I've already taken a small pot so I have about 1200 (start with 1000) blinds 5/10, I'm UTG +1. Here's where the million dollar question arises for me. UTG raises to 90, I look down and see A :club: A :D , I make it 270 to go (I wanted to isolate, don't know if that's the right play but that's what I was doing). All fold to him and he immediately goes all in.Beginning of a tourney, aces, risk it all? Obviously the call here is a no brainer, he has Kings and spikes a King on the flop, I'm crippled and fade away soon after. Question is, do you smooth call the original raise? Certainly not because you don't want others behind calling the raise as well, right? Perhaps I could have seen a flop and sniffed out the set? Please someone reinforce the fact that I played that hand the best I could have and the cards just fell the wrong way..right???While I'm losing my mind let me add this to the mix:Yet another SNG, Blinds 100/200, UTG goes in for 1100, I have 2600 one off of the cut off (who happens to be the big stack)..I try to isolate so I go all in with K :D K :D , big stack (to my horror) goes all in. UTG has AJ I have KK big stack has AA..and I'm outta there! Anyway to not go broke that hand?? I think I'm losing my mind..or I'm just very very bad at poker, or very unlucky, or just very bad..anyone?

Both hands played fine IMO first hand you played it right you want to be heads up ideally with aces and the king on the flop is just unlucky. Hand 2 is also fine just unlucky big stack had AA. I think both hands were played fine and you was just unlucky in both. Better luck in the furureA

Sounds like you just got a little unlucky in your first example. If you get all your chips in when you're a 4:1 favorite, that's about all you can ask for. If you keep doing that, then things will work out in the long run.

In your sit and go an all in of 1100 is a lot anyway, I think if people are going to call that then they are going to call your all in move, perhaps you should have just call it, if someone else then raised over the top the decision was yours. If you had everyone else covered then all in move is good as you know not all your chips are at risk.

Not really sure why you're second guessing yourself here. You had the best hand in the first example and the money got all in. You can't ask for anything more than that. On the second example, you got your money in with kings and were up against it with a guy holding AA. NO, not really anything you can do. ONly Bill Fillmaff has the savvy, the wit to know when to fold that :-) Just unfortunate situations, you gotta learn to deal with them, or poker is not for you. IN the example where you had AA vs. KK, just simply call the guy a lucky idiot and move on like everyone else.