Pokerstars -- Site Update Issue

UPDATED:We have recently updated our software and in order for the latest version to work on your system, you will need to do one of two things:1) The easiest way to correct this issue is by setting your computer's date back one day (to June 23) using the "Time Settings" on the bottom right panel of your computer. You can then run your PokerStars software as normal, as you will receive our latest update. You can then reset your computer's time back to normal.To change your system time:1) Double-click on the time display (normally bottom right-hand corner if you are using a PC and top right corner if you are using a Mac).2) Select the 23rd of June from the Calendar and confirm the change.3) Run your PokerStars software as usual - the software should now update itself correctly.4) It is advisable that you return to your computer's time settings and reset the date to the correct one.2) Alternatively, you can install a fresh copy of PokerStars, overwriting the old one (make sure you install the PokerStars client in the same folder as the current one, to ensure your settings and notes are preserved). You will then need to visit our site and download the new version of the client.To check where PokerStars is installed, right click on the icon you normally use to launch PokerStars and select properties.Download and install a fresh copy of the software from the following link.COM Windows version:http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/download/.COM Mac version:http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/download/mac/If you are asked to overwrite any files accept. You should then have no additional problems.

ZOMGYou guys do realize that just because you have to hide your severs in some mud hut in the Caribbean, it doesn't mean that you have to let the local fauna of wogged-out fisherman write you code for you, right?

We are still looking into the problem and possible solutions -- note that this was not caused by a new update.After the problem was discovered, an update was released to fix the issue for some players; it does not break anything and there are no new features as part of this update. Unfortunately, the update does not fix the issue for all players and for now the best option is to re-install PokerStars from the PokerStars web site.

So I can't update the client from the client, and the website is blocked.So I guess my only way to withdraw is to call or email?

So I can't update the client from the client, and the website is blocked.So I guess my only way to withdraw is to call or email?
E-mail Stars support and see what they suggest is the best option.

It took me a little bit to figure out.You pretty much have to act like you are setting up a new account and download.I was trying to download through my shortcut and it will not let you

• 4 weeks later...
E-mail Stars support and see what they suggest is the best option.
I thought I'd be clever and try the .net version.... no cashier. So I finally got around to doing what you suggested, and they emailed a new client (an executable) to me, and as soon as I clicked on Cashier it forced me to cash out.