Wpt Bellagio Festa Al Lago

Daniel has just started playing Day 1 of the WPT FESTA AL LAGO at The Bellagio in Las Vegas.Good Luck today Daniel and don't get robbed in the Men's Room, I hear they're targeting Canadians.Updates are available on the WPT Website and Daniel will be sending updates via Twitter.http://www.worldpokertour.com/Live_Updates/Live.aspxhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phpDaniel's Twitter Updates15 October 2010, 3:15 pmRealKidPoker: R to 300 w A9dd 2 call bb makes it 1300 I make it 3900 other guy calls. Flop K23 I bet 5500 he calls. Turn 8 I shove 30k he folds phew!15 October 2010, 3:17 pmRealKidPoker: Guy folded AK wow15 October 2010, 3:37 pmRealKidPoker: Sick read: just told Dan Shak his skin looked good. He got a straight shave last night. I'm in the zone!!!15 October 2010, 3:39 pmRealKidPoker: End of lvl 1 49,625 played 13 hands won 6 3 bet 1 and 4 bet 1. Good table for me so far with Barry G and Dan Shak15 October 2010, 5:26 pmRealKidPoker: End lvl 2 77,575 played 20 hands! Won 14 3 bet 3 times and 4 bet once. Um ya I played pretty aggro that round. So far so good.15 October 2010, 7:10 pmRealKidPoker: End lvl 3 80,950 played 11 hands won 5 didn't 3 or 4 bet at all. More of a "small ball" level. Good start to WPT Bellagio15 October 2010, 8:55 pmRealKidPoker: 82,800 after lvl 4 played 13 hands winning 8 and once again no 3 or 4 bets. One more lvl and my phone is almost dead.15 October 2010, 10:41 pmRealKidPoker: 67,725 end of day 1 played 14 hands that level and only won 3 of them. No 3 or 4 bets. Good start, back at noon tmr.16 October 2010, 1:35 pmRealKidPoker: At my table today @bond18 the new WPT Raw Deal host. Never met him, but I'm feeling way under dressed for the encounter (hoodie+jeans)16 October 2010, 3:38 pmRealKidPoker: Great start up to 92k played 14 hands and won 11 of them. No 3 bets or 4 bets. Fun table too16 October 2010, 5:31 pmRealKidPoker: 56,700 end lvl played 12 hands and only won 4. Blinds will be 500-1000 so still plenty of chips.16 October 2010, 5:37 pmRealKidPoker: Gambled on last hand guy raised to 2000 Lyle Berman called I made it 7500 w 99 sb made it 16k and I called hoping to flop a set.16 October 2010, 7:15 pmRealKidPoker: 85,400 played 11 hands won 6 and no 3 or 4 bets. Was down to 40k for a bit but clawed my way back up. Two more lvls today.16 October 2010, 9:02 pmRealKidPoker: 141,400 one lvl left I played 13 hands winning 7 and 1 3bet and 1 4bet. 121 players left 50 get paid.16 October 2010, 10:13 pmRealKidPoker: Just lost 110k pot vs Lyle. He limped sb with A6 I raised bb with AK he moved all in I call. Flop J66 down to 76k now16 October 2010, 10:45 pmRealKidPoker: End day 2 62,100 played 12 hands last lvl only won 3 no 3 or 4 bets. The AK A6 hand was crushing. Come back tmr with 31 bbs. Still fighting.17 October 2010, 3:09 pmRealKidPoker: 3 guys in all have AQ I move in w KK one guy calls. Flop K94 all spades. Turn 3s river 2s we chop the pot. Dang it! So annoying ugh.17 October 2010, 3:35 pmRealKidPoker: Such torture. All in with Q8 of hearts vs AK flop Q45 turn 10 river Jack. I got pretty tortured this tournament I must say.

Daniel Negreanu Makes Some RevisionsLevel 1: 50-100, anteAccording to Daniel Negreanu, he has already been all-in drawing dead so far this tournament. He explained that he raised preflop, two players called, and a player made it 1,300 to go. Negreanu reraised to 3,900, the player behind him called, and everyone else folded.Negreanu bet the K-3-2 flop and his opponent called. The turn was a blank and Negreanu shoved all-in for his last 30,000. His opponent folded ace-king face up and Negreanu took the pot.When Negreanu indicated he was bluffing with A9, the other player was a little surprised."That isn't in your book," he told Negreanu."Yeah, well the book has seen some revisions," Negreanu responded.The changes seem to be doing Negreanu some good so far. He went into the first break of the day with 49,625.

James Carroll Beats the ClockLevel 2: 100-200, anteJames Carroll (croll103) raises to 500 from the hijack and the player in the big blind makes it 2,200 to go. Carroll calls and they go heads-up to a flop of 952. Both players check and the player in the big blind bets 4,000 when the T falls on the turn. Carroll calls and the river brings the 8. The player in the big blind slides out 7,150 and Carroll asks how much his opponent is playing.The other player lifts his arms, revealing 21,000 behind. Carroll has him well-covered and announces he is all-in. The other player goes in the tank for several minutes, until some not involved in the hand calls the clock on him. A floor person is dispatched to the table and begins to count down one minute.Once the floorman gets to the final ten seconds, the player picks up his remaining chips and holds them in his hand. Right as the floorman says, "one" and in the process of saying "dead," the player pitches his chips into the middle and claims he is calling.There is a moment of hesitation, as everyone at the table, floorman included, is unsure what just happened."I call," the player assures the dealer. The floorman rubs his forehead and starts to think. He is leaning towards ruling it a call since it was very close, when Carroll begins to object."I think we need to check with another floorperson," Carroll suggests.The floorman instructs Carroll and his opponent to leave their cards face down. Another floorman comes over to assess the situation and it is decided that since the chips did not cross the betting line before the floorman started saying "dead," that it is a fold. The player in the big blind tries to protest for a moment, but once the dealer pushes the pot Carroll's way, he gives up his cards and moves on to the next hand.While Carroll did not show his hand, the players at surrounding tables are convinced he was bluffing since he adamantly protested the call."Nice life Croll," calls out Darryll Fish.James Carroll - 64,000

277 Players And CountingLevel 3: 100-200, 25 anteThere are currently 277 entrants in this year's WPT Festa al Lago at Bellagio. Last year, this event attracted 275 players, when the buy-in was $15,000. (This year's buy-in is $10,000.) This field should attract more than 300 players, as registration remains open until the end of Level 8, which will be about 5:00 pm tomorrow.

15 October 2010, 10:41 pmRealKidPoker: 67,725 end of day 1 played 14 hands that level and only won 3 of them. No 3 or 4 bets. Good start, back at noon tmr.

Controversy at Table 51: The Oversized-Chip RuleLevel 7: 400-800, 100 anteLate in the last level at Table 51, a player (who later calls himself a "foreign national") raises from early position to 1,500, and everyone folds to the big blind. The big blind has two chips in front of him, a 500 and a 100. In a simultaneous motion, he pulls back the 100 chip and tosses in a 5,000 chip.The dealer announces "raise" without confirming it with the player, and the original raiser quickly moves all in. At that point, the big blind claims that he didn't raise; he only called the bet. Minor chaos ensues. By the time the floorperson arrives, the big blind's cards have been mucked by the dealer, so his hand is dead regardless of the ruling. TD John Nieznanski is called over for a ruling, and he declares that the oversized-chip rule still applies -- if a player tosses in a single oversized chip, it's considered a call. The fact that the big blind left a 500 chip out there is irrelevant. The big blind is forced to call the 1,500 (receiving change from his 5,000 chip), but since his cards have been mucked, the hand is over and the original raiser wins the pot. As you might expect, not everyone is happy with this ruling. Josh Arieh argues the point that this ruling opens the door for possible angle-shooting, and describes a similar situation where a raise would seem obvious, but it still fit within the confines of the rule. Nieznanski says that the oversized-chip rule would still apply, which didn't seem to satisfy Arieh. The player who won the pot is also upset, as he feels that he should have received the entire 5,500 that the big blind had in front of him. The player says something like, "You only ruled against me because I'm a foreign national and he is an American." TD John Nieznanski says, "I rule the same, whether it's my ex-wife who I hate, or my daughter who I love." As the next hand is dealt, the players at the table decide to bet on which country the "foreign national" is from. They make their guesses, but nobody correctly picked his home country of Afghanistan. One player guessed Iran, and the other players decided that was "close enough."

Daniel Negreanu vs. Ryan YoungLevel 10: 800-1,600, 200 anteWith the board showing 98496 on the river, Ryan Young checks the big blind, Daniel Negreanu bets 18,500 from late position, and Young tanks for a while, asking Negreanu if he'll show. Negreanu says he will, and Young thinks a bit longer before he calls.Negreanu shows KQ for a king-high flush, and Young taps the table to indicate that it's the best hand. Young flashes his cards to the table, but all we see is the 10. Negreanu wins the pot. Daniel Negreanu - 163,000 (101 bb)Ryan Young - 122,000 (76 bb)

Daniel Negreanu Gets A Best-Case Scenario, But Can't ConvertLevel 11: 1,000-2,000, 300 anteThere are some preflop raises as three players entering the pot before Daniel Negreanu moves all in from the big blind. Bobby Suer folds under the gun, and Waki Yasuhiro calls from early position. The cutoff folds as well, saying he had A-Q. Suer says he also folded A-Q. This is bad news for Yasuhiro, because he turns over AQ. Daniel Negreanu shows KK, and with only one live ace and one live queen in the deck, this is a nearly ideal situation for Negreanu to double up. The flop comes K94, giving Negreanu a set of kings, making him a 9-to-1 favorite to win the hand. But the turn is the 3, the river is the 2 -- a spade flush on the board. Neither player has a spade in their hand, so it's a chopped pot. Suer claims to have had the A, which would have won the pot if he had stayed in the hand.Daniel Negreanu - 50,000 (25 bb)Waki Yasuhiro - 130,000 (65 bb)

17 October 2010, 3:09 pmRealKidPoker: 3 guys in all have AQ I move in w KK one guy calls. Flop K94 all spades. Turn 3s river 2s we chop the pot. Dang it! So annoying ugh.17 October 2010, 3:35 pmRealKidPoker: Such torture. All in with Q8 of hearts vs AK flop Q45 turn 10 river Jack. I got pretty tortured this tournament I must say.