slumps...advice on how to break em.

Ok, so this week has been the worst poker week of my life. I have played about 3-6 hrs a day on average (all online---havent been playing much live action lately). After a great week at the stud tables and three great finishes in mtt stud h/l tourneys i have f0und myself on a nasty losing streak at almost every game i play...a streak unlike anything i have ever experienced. No matter what game i play, whether it be a ring game, mtt, or sng, i either sit there and stagnate or build up a lead only to blow it at a crucial moment or suffer a string of bad beats. Granted, i have been making some unusually dim decisions, but at this point i am almost ready to say i feel as if im cursed. Not to sound like one of those fish who complain about how online poker sites are fixed, (I do not believe that at all) but i have never experienced this playing live action games. Nothing is working. I need advice. How do you all escape such slumps? I'm tempted to switch to a different site, just for something fresh. Pokerstars is starting to drive me mad. Ok, any advice would be appreciated...the cards are frigid, my temper is hot, and the bankroll is suffering...thanks

Time off is apparently the cure to "the slumps" at the poker table. Take a couple days off and do something else you enjoy. Poker will still be there when you come back.

i just play through them if i think its the cards and not my playanalyze your poker tracker if you have it to see if there are any large leeks but otherwise just play through iti had a big downswing last week of about 100 bb and it was really tough but i just kept pushing and ive made almost all the money backwhat separates the best from the elite is how they act when they are losing

One thing I appreciate about the OP's post? He said "I've made some unusually dim decisions". Sometimes it is bad cards, sometimes its bad play. People usually won't admit to bad play (Mind you, this isn't an attack at the OP because I know nothing about him). My advice, which has been given by others on the forum at many different times: Play more. Some advocate taking a break, and its good for some. But honestly, if your play is sound: Play more hands........Cards cant run bad forever

Have an immense Ego.I am not joking, "knowing" you're the best player at the table will help this. Often losing streaks are compounded because of lack of confidence, which leads to lack of aggression, which leads to improper play, which leads to less money in your b/r.Have a solid head about yourself, but KNOW that you're the best player there, or atleast better than most. It's that confidence that gets you through.

Yeah, I am tilting quite a bit, which doesnt help at all. I guess its a mixture of bad cards, spotty play, and evil forces out to get me. Well maybe not the last, but it sure feels that way...example...was just playing a stud sng (by far my best game) i was short stacked and grinding away. Anyways, i had to bring it in nine hands in a row. That's right, nine hands in a row. I have never seen anyone have that happen to them. No skill or trickery could save me from that damage to my stack. I need a vacation. by the way---ultimate bet or fulltilt? im leaning towards fulltilt.

Have an immense Ego.I am not joking, "knowing" you're the best player at the table will help this. Often losing streaks are compounded because of lack of confidence, which leads to lack of aggression, which leads to improper play, which leads to less money in your b/r.Have a solid head about yourself, but KNOW that you're the best player there, or atleast better than most. It's that confidence that gets you through.
See Bill Fillmaff for any help at www.billfillmaff.com :-)

Play better.It's really quite simple. Almost everytime I have gone on a hot streak and then slump it's always because I am still playing my hot streak game. When you are on a rush you can do no wrong. Your flush hits the turn every hand. Your two pair fills up every river.Problem is when your cards don't start hitting that's when you start reaching. Instead of letting the cards play for you, you have to start actually making smart decisions on the table. This is where most people lose back what they make on their hot streaks.

I'm going through a similar cold streak right now too- I dropped a grand in 24 hours, a personal best (worst) for me. Since you've said that the bad beats are starting to affect your play, I'd advise you take a few days off. That's what I'm doing. I know that after a string of "f*ckin' river" experiences (4 consecutive $100 pots that I was involved in, I lost b/c of a 4th suited card hitting the river), I started chasing too much; so I was partly responsible for my own undoing.By the way, if you decide to migrate to Full Tilt for a fresh start and aren't going to do it through a rakeback site, then feel free to help me rebuild my bankroll by putting INSOMNIAC in the Bonus Code section.:club: