Negreanu Open Wednesdays 9:00 Pm Et At Poker Stars

I lied pretty badly. Though Ah 9h on that board is no where near a 2:1 favorite over 10 10.At best its around a 45% to win. Only hands I can have in that situation where you are crushed is AJ and JJ and chancesare I am folding to your 3 bet with AJ, as you were playing fairly tight.You have to figure with AA,KK and QQ I am not flatting your 3 bet pre-flop. So you don'teven have to think about those. Even if I have something like AK or AQ of hearts, you are not a huge dog. And there are so many other hands that I make the exact same play with.To be perfectly honest, checking the flop is far worse than the fold. Bet this flop100% of the time with 10 10 with the way the betting went down pre-flop.
O.K. so, I should have lead out with a ~ t2100 bet? If you flat that on that board and a low card non heart comes out on the turn, then just shove the rest?? But, at a ~t2100 you are really committed to anything correct? The bet sizing here is what is just mentally getting me, because 20% of our stacks went in preflop, so if the flop bricked then you still could walk away with ~18BB like I did. A pot bet on the flop is 1/2 of remaining stack, so I don't see how either one can flat then fold turn/river and walk away after the flop. I guess I just got worked over, because I have not played enough Neg-Os yet to really get a good grasp on player's ranges. Well, I still am trying to get that fundamental down. BUT if Nutzz would have made the same play I would have checked/shoved because I know he is capable of making big bluffs like that and it would have been a flip wheteher he had it or not. I guess I learned more about your range as well. Good thought process?? I still feel like my preflop was still too low. I should have made it ~2100, and if you call that then I would have shoved that board as a J should have been out of the range (unless JJ but AJ sohuld have ben out?), but then again that would open the door for QQ KK???

^^^^see all that thought and guess work? With 20BB's it's profitable and 100% unexploitable to 3 bet shove pre. If you're not 3bet shoving pre, then you have to have a plan for the flop and that plan should be to shove most flops. Even though the neg-o regs probably won't read it, I'd like to point out that Bob pwned this quarter and I'm pretty sure he should be 1st in the rankings.

O.K. so, I should have lead out with a ~ t2100 bet? If you flat that on that board and a low card non heart comes out on the turn, then just shove the rest?? But, at a ~t2100 you are really committed to anything correct? The bet sizing here is what is just mentally getting me, because 20% of our stacks went in preflop, so if the flop bricked then you still could walk away with ~18BB like I did. A pot bet on the flop is 1/2 of remaining stack, so I don't see how either one can flat then fold turn/river and walk away after the flop. I guess I just got worked over, because I have not played enough Neg-Os yet to really get a good grasp on player's ranges. Well, I still am trying to get that fundamental down. BUT if Nutzz would have made the same play I would have checked/shoved because I know he is capable of making big bluffs like that and it would have been a flip wheteher he had it or not. I guess I learned more about your range as well. Good thought process?? I still feel like my preflop was still too low. I should have made it ~2100, and if you call that then I would have shoved that board as a J should have been out of the range (unless JJ but AJ sohuld have ben out?), but then again that would open the door for QQ KK???
Checking 10 10 on this board regardless of who you are playing against is a pretty bad idea. If they check it downand a heart, Q,K, or A comes on the turn you aren't really going to know where you are at. And Nutz has thisreally bad habit of checking or folding when you want him to bet. I felt a pot sized bet looked insanely stronger then half the pot or a shove. Honestly, if you raise 2100, calling would be prettysilly on my end. If I had any type of hand worth calling 2100, I would probably just ship it anyway. At this stage in the tournament, regardless of how much you raise, I am not flatting with QQ,KK,AA. Really, you made this decision much harder than it had to be by checking the flop.

Yeah, I guess I just had a piss-poor plan. I was hoping for you to bet small on the flop, then come over the top, but the big bet size just yelled to me you wanted to get it in, and I could not pull the trigger and played it too safe. Ohh well. That's why I like playing in the Neg-Os because you can learn more in 2 hours than you can in 1 week of playing $3 $6 etc sngs. Nice lesson of the week. Anyway, see you guys next week!

I haven't played in the Neg-O in years..... think I'll drop by next Wednesday