Trip Report + Wsop 1500 Horse

Left LA for Vegas on tuesday morning with wife and son in tow for first time. Usually I go to the WSOP every summer with my friends but since I have been working a ton this past year I wanted my wife and son to go with me. My whole goal was to play the 1500 Horse event. I have played a ton of Horse over the last year online or here at the bike, commerce or Hollywood park and feel I'm getting pretty decent but by no means a fav in that field. I would pay but wanted to sat into the event. So I sit down for a 125 sat just a few hrs after I arrive just to play something. I end up chopping after being down 4-1 heads up. So that was a good start. Played some cash and book a $100 profit and called it a night. The next day was the HORSE event at 5pm so I arrived at 1pm to play a HORSE sat and see if I could get in on the cheap. That was the weakest sat I have ever played and rolled over the table but ended up chopping based on Chip count heads up and took 1100 of the possible 1590 to win. I was pretty excited I get in the event on the cheap. So arrive at 5pm and I only know one person at my table and it was a guy from my SAT earlier a real nice Korean named KOGI. So I was up and down all first 2 levels and at the first break was at like 4200 from the org 4500. When we come back from break seat 6 is wearing a Fullcontact Poker hat and what do u know its NAKED COWBOY. He was a nice guy who played really well IMO but got quartered a few times which was just bad luck. I don't know how far he went would love to know. Hopefully u went deep dude. We had Diego something at our table for a while I think he has a podcast or something. I win a few pots off this guy at our table that slow rolled someone and talked a ton when I flopped a boat in OMAHA O8 and Stud high which had me at about 7500 right before the dinner break. After the break I get moved and I can't believe the table I drew. Robert Mizrachi,Jon Digastino, Cindy Viloet and a high limit stud player named SHARX. They all had chips. The first hand of Razz I have A2 4up and I complete and Mizrachi come along I draw a 3 then a 6 betting all the way. He check raises me on 5th and I call.. I check raise him on six and he calls and fire at 7th and he calls and he says A2 is good if u have it and I flipped it up. So now I'm at 11k and feeling good. Well long story short I go card dead and limits get high I lose a pot in LH when I fold an over pair on the flop after a raise and reraise and a cap. After they get it all in I basically would have had them both dead. So that was really tilting. With ten mins left in the night I have like 4500 in STUD 08 and me Violet and Mizrachi are all in a pot. Cindy obv has the low and I have 3 rolled up 9s and Mizrachi has at best one pair. I cap on 6th with my all in and Cindy obv calls and Robert folds so Cindy says I guess we chop unless I hit a 2 for the wheel. Now I had a 2 and Robert had one also. 7th is dealt and she flips up the 2..GG me. It was pretty sick. I was def upset but just said GG and walked off a lil stunned. But it was a great experience and learned a ton more about HORSE from playing with some really good players.The next couple of days ended with bustouts in the megastacks and the last one being slowrolled by a Canadian(which made it worst) JK when he had KK in SB and I shoved with KQ in BB and he tanked for 2 mins and said I guess I have to call. Gross. All in all fun week. Back to LA and will play some of the LA series at The Bike. If your gonna be there PM me and I'll buy drinks.OBV not the best grammer piece of writing but I'm tired.

Hey sir, nice to play with you. Our starting table was ridic. I don't know if you realized it, but the guy to my left was a commerce mid / high stakes mix reg who came over from a 50-100 13 game mix in pavilion to play the tournament and to his left was matt grapenthein, a mix game sicko who has a bunch of WSOP cashes in HORSE / stud / LHE events and has played the 50k horse a couple times. By the time mickey appleman got there matt said it was a harder table than any of his starting tables in the $50k. Sighaments. Oh, diego is a FT pro who i've played with in 7 game before and he's a little goofy preflop in O8 but far from bad. When we broke i got moved to a really really juicy table, but at i think 500-1k i got my chips in during stud 8 w/ 34|A5 vs JJ|2J. The guy with buried jacks 4bet my ace up on 3rd and i couldn't catch my 18ish outs three times and busted right before the end of the day. You played solid btw, sorry one of us couldn't make a run. I ended up playing nonstop cash at bellagio the rest of my trip. Games were sooooooooo awesome there, screw tournaments next summer I'm just going to live at bellagio and play cash.