Breaks And Continuing With Poker

I have played poker for 3-4 years and I have taken many breaks on and off.Now I have just decided to play again after a long break of 4,5 months (one of those breaks when u dnt feel like playing, rather do sumfin else- no pressure) and cant seem to get the patience or subtleness of my game back and I cant seem to find out why.I've had some breaks before and eventually came good.Do you think its just a matter of powering through the badness and eventually coming good even if i make a substantial loss? Because i cant see to see ant other way in terms of a quick fix to the problem.

I have played poker for 3-4 years and I have taken many breaks on and off.Now I have just decided to play again after a long break of 4,5 months (one of those breaks when u dnt feel like playing, rather do sumfin else- no pressure) and cant seem to get the patience or subtleness of my game back and I cant seem to find out why.I've had some breaks before and eventually came good.Do you think its just a matter of powering through the badness and eventually coming good even if i make a substantial loss? Because i cant see to see ant other way in terms of a quick fix to the problem.
Really?

It sounds like the actual question you're asking is "why am i losing". Maybe i'm reading too much into your post, but it seems like you were losing so much you got frustrated, took a break and are losing again.Did you do anything in that break to address why you are losing? Are you playing on a short bankroll and variance is inevitably getting the better of you? Are you sure you're playing games you can beat? Have you talked with winning players you know about your game or studied the game at all in your downtime? If you're playing online, do you keep a database and review your stats or at least big hands?All of these are the questions you should be asking yourself instead of "why didn't not playing poker make me win at poker," which when you word it like that, addresses the somewhat silly nature of what you posted pretty well.

It sounds like the actual question you're asking is "why am i losing". Maybe i'm reading too much into your post, but it seems like you were losing so much you got frustrated, took a break and are losing again.Did you do anything in that break to address why you are losing? Are you playing on a short bankroll and variance is inevitably getting the better of you? Are you sure you're playing games you can beat? Have you talked with winning players you know about your game or studied the game at all in your downtime? If you're playing online, do you keep a database and review your stats or at least big hands?All of these are the questions you should be asking yourself instead of "why didn't not playing poker make me win at poker," which when you word it like that, addresses the somewhat silly nature of what you posted pretty well.
I appreciate the feedback, really i do. But i stopped playing poker because of my college work, and it turned out to be the longest break iv ever had since starting ...... i only play NL holdem , my ideal game ie the ones i can profit in are 9 man sng's.... my bankroll was only $300 bucks which is a product of playing 3.40 sng's on stars and gradually raising the stakes so to speak..... so im not stupid or naive im just looking on tip and or advice as of how to keep interest and focus when losing after being a winner :S
I appreciate the feedback, really i do. But i stopped playing poker because of my college work, and it turned out to be the longest break iv ever had since starting ...... i only play NL holdem , my ideal game ie the ones i can profit in are 9 man sng's.... my bankroll was only $300 bucks which is a product of playing 3.40 sng's on stars and gradually raising the stakes so to speak..... so im not stupid or naive im just looking on tip and or advice as of how to keep interest and focus when losing after being a winner :S
1. Read Sit'n'go Strategy by Collin Moshman2. Invoke said strategy3. Review personal implementation of sitngo strategy using sitngo analyzer software (talked about in book).4. Adjust accordingly.Just threw that out there since you seem to have had success at sng's. If that does not work, consider quitting for even longer and bickering about global warming on this and other sites full time - it has really filled the void for me. Once summer comes, look for outside sports to fill your down time.I may have a future as a life coach. Or not.