I'm watching it because I was a big BSG fan. Not that much action yet (compared to BSG) but I'm interested to see what happens to Zoe-Bot. I'm not really sure what to make of the teacher character as in the first episode, I was sure she was some evil high priestess but from the second episode, who knows. Glad to see that they have Hookahs in the future.A lot of religious imagery in this show and the dialogue and some specific to Mormonism.

I'm watching it because I was a big BSG fan. Not that much action yet (compared to BSG) but I'm interested to see what happens to Zoe-Bot. I'm not really sure what to make of the teacher character as in the first episode, I was sure she was some evil high priestess but from the second episode, who knows. Glad to see that they have Hookahs in the future.A lot of religious imagery in this show and the dialogue and some specific to Mormonism.
Interesting, which part did you feel was Mormon? I didn't get that. They do have this whole many gods versus one thing going on that BSG had too, and I've really never understood what the point behind that was.
Interesting, which part did you feel was Mormon? I didn't get that. They do have this whole many gods versus one thing going on that BSG had too, and I've really never understood what the point behind that was.
It was the polygamist family that the teacher belonged to - I'm assuming that they are all as religious as her but maybe not. Actually, that was the only thing that reminded me of Mormonism.Yeah, I think that the writers are trying to draw a contrast as to how many Christians think that it is silly to believe in more than one God.They like to show contrasts as I remember one BSG episode where they basically were showing the humans as suicide bombing terrorists and the Cylons as the victims.

Ahhh ok, I see what you are saying now. Although, I thought it was more like they were all husband and wife to each other in some kind of big communal hippie way (as opposed to guys having multiple wives).

• 1 month later...

Show got really good after the 1st couple eps after the pilot. Ck it out if you have missed it!

Yeah, Really like the show but hard to figure what they are doing with all these plot lines. Nice cliffhanger(s) at the end - will be interesting to see what happens next season.