counter aggresiveness

I play in this weekly game with all these degenerate gamblers. Not a single mind among the table except perhaps my own. :shock: These guys pour lots of money onthe table and play really junky hands. The problem is that they play these junky hands really aggresively. Additionally, they over value all of these marginal hands. (See Super System) Doyle Brunson says the way to beat a NL game is to be aggressive. So is the plan to fight fire with fire? I asked John Juanda, and he said that I should try changing gears more often (something I don't usually do) and perhaps when one of the bastards raises, try a check raise. I feel that my game is much more solid and controled than these guys. Any other suggestions?

I play in a pretty agressive home game, and I find that playing solid, basic NL poker works. I don't mean only playing premium hands like big pairs and AK though. You can play the speculative hands like small pairs and suited connectors if the price is right.What I believe is important is that you protect your hands that are probably good on the flop but are vulnerable such as top pair or two pair. Even if your friends call you down with their marginal hands, they won't win often enough so you will make money.If they catch on that you are only betting with good hands, then you will have to mix up your play occasionally. I find it works to play trash occassionally (when it is cheap) and then when you hit a hand with 95o or whatever it looks like you are wild.You can also pull some crazy bluff somewhat rarely and then show your cards.