John Safran Race Relations: Funny Or Offensive Or Both?

Race Relations  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Negreanu Would Find This

• Funny
    • Hilarious
    • Extremely Offensive
    • Hilarious At First But Ultimately Horrifyingly Offensive

I realise you guys probably don't watch a lot of free-to-air Australian TV but this show is too good to miss. You can watch it here http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/451876 or download the torrent here http://www.mininova.org/tor/3069221With Daniels history of racial humour I think he would like it. I am not sure if the average American (or naturalised Canadian) would find the Obama part too offensive though? It was pretty horrifically gross but sadly I still could not help laughing.Anyway, be warned it is potentially very offensive even if it technically doesn't get any more risque than I Bet You.

I haven't watched this yet, but I did just watch his Vs. God series...Absolutely breathtaking. It's sort of funny, some amusing little spiteful rants, typical "LOL@religion"-type stuff, all building to the finale. The finale is probably the greatest payoff I can recall. The way he played it was nothing short of genius. I really don't know how he got it to air like this. It couldn't have been funny to more than 5% of the 15-30y/o non-Christian population, and probably almost 0% of any other demographic. He is God to me at this point.

I haven't watched this yet, but I did just watch his Vs. God series...Absolutely breathtaking. It's sort of funny, some amusing little spiteful rants, typical "LOL@religion"-type stuff, all building to the finale. The finale is probably the greatest payoff I can recall. The way he played it was nothing short of genius. I really don't know how he got it to air like this. It couldn't have been funny to more than 5% of the 15-30y/o non-Christian population, and probably almost 0% of any other demographic. He is God to me at this point.
It was made in australia, is how it got on the air. Why I think you're right that not many people thought it was funny, I think a large amount than you suspect thought it was real. Great stuff.I watched the first race relations episode and it was fantastic.
It was made in australia, is how it got on the air. Why I think you're right that not many people thought it was funny, I think a large amount than you suspect thought it was real. Great stuff.I watched the first race relations episode and it was fantastic.
I'm kind of proud that a goverment funded not-for-profit station can run these kinds of shows. Not having to rely on advertising and zero censorship is a good combination.So Americans, not finding it offensive? I wasn't sure.
I'm kind of proud that a goverment funded not-for-profit station can run these kinds of shows. Not having to rely on advertising and zero censorship is a good combination.So Americans, not finding it offensive? I wasn't sure.
Truthfully? the only ones of us likely to watch it aren't going to be offended.