Ff Draft Question

Big Trade question in one of my other FF leagues. Need some advice. Other guy proposed this trade.I send Steven Jackson, Jason Witten, and Steelers DI get Matt Ryan, Matt Forte, and Vikings DMy teamQB Jake DelhommeRB Steven JacksonRB Larry JohnsonWR Lee EvensWR T.O.WR Wes WelkerTE Jason WittenD SteelersBenchJoe FlaacoCedric BensonRay RiceTony SchefflerJeremy MaclinMark ClaytonKnowshon MorenoDo I take this trade or am I giving away too much if I accept?
Giving away too much - you cant ship the best TE in the game for that upgrade at QB...not worth it. If it was Brees/Brady/Manning then we've got something to consider, but you would be losing way more points at TE than you are gaining at QB.
By looking at my team anything I could package for that upgrade at QB?
Show me the other team - does he have a stud and not need Ryan or would he be lacking at the position too? If Ryan is his main guy than we know why he is asking what he is :club:
Show me the other team - does he have a stud and not need Ryan or would he be lacking at the position too? If Ryan is his main guy than we know why he is asking what he is :club:
Yeah his back up QB is Carson Palmer. Also on other message boards people are kinda split on how Steven Jackson will do this season. People think he will have a big year, others think he is too injury prone and will suffer from injuries. Kinda making me wonder if I should maybe package a deal with steven jackson and someone else for Matt Forte and a QB.
Yeah his back up QB is Carson Palmer. Also on other message boards people are kinda split on how Steven Jackson will do this season. People think he will have a big year, others think he is too injury prone and will suffer from injuries. Kinda making me wonder if I should maybe package a deal with steven jackson and someone else for Matt Forte and a QB.
A player like Sjax (or westbrook, colston, bush etc) are best to own when you have some depth behind them. If you have depth, you can plug them in for sick PPG but when the injury bug strikes, throw in a solid backup. In your case I think you have sufficient depth with Moreno and yes even Benson if things get scary. So I wouldn't necessarily try and move Sjax for something safer. But if it gets you a good upgrade at QB without downgrading much at RB it's certainly worth considering.

Ok, just had my draft with college friends on ESPN. 150 bucks per person. QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1Flex, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K. Standard scoring.In draft order:(4)Forte(17)Slaton(24)Wayne(37)Colston(44)Welker(57)Romo(64)Steelers D(77)Jamal Lewis(84)Greg Olsen(97)Cotchery(104)Donald Brown(117)Matt Hasselback(124)Julius Jones(137)Tim Hightower(144)Mason Crosby(157)Josh MorganI was really happy with my first 5 picks.

Ok, just had my draft with college friends on ESPN. 150 bucks per person. QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1Flex, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K. Standard scoring.In draft order:(4)Forte(17)Slaton(24)Wayne(37)Colston(44)Welker(57)Romo(64)Steelers D(77)Jamal Lewis(84)Greg Olsen(97)Cotchery(104)Donald Brown(117)Matt Hasselback(124)Julius Jones(137)Tim Hightower(144)Mason Crosby(157)Josh MorganI was really happy with my first 5 picks.
Geez, seriously. Wish I had a group like that to play bigger stakes with and watch every good player fall further than he should. Except maybe Jamal Lewis that is questionable :club: But I am guessing they were the types that just went RB/RB/RB all day long and left you all those other points on the board? It's a stacked team. Oh wait, is this 10 teams? I take everything back...every team is stacked in 10 team leagues haha
Geez, seriously. Wish I had a group like that to play bigger stakes with and watch every good player fall further than he should. Except maybe Jamal Lewis that is questionable :club: But I am guessing they were the types that just went RB/RB/RB all day long and left you all those other points on the board? It's a stacked team. Oh wait, is this 10 teams? I take everything back...every team is stacked in 10 team leagues haha
Yeah, it's a 10 team league but I STILL feel like I got the upper hand in the first five rounds. There were some very strange picks (Peyton Manning went 6th overall!).I was just happy to eliminate worries about the big five (2RB, 2WR and flex) right off the bat. Plus, all my WRs play for pass happy teams. I went down to zero on my time clock for the Jamal Lewis pick debating between him and Sproles. I ended up flipping a coin.
Yeah, it's a 10 team league but I STILL feel like I got the upper hand in the first five rounds. There were some very strange picks (Peyton Manning went 6th overall!).I was just happy to eliminate worries about the big five (2RB, 2WR and flex) right off the bat. Plus, all my WRs play for pass happy teams. I went down to zero on my time clock for the Jamal Lewis pick debating between him and Sproles. I ended up flipping a coin.
Probably made the right choice, Lewis will be steady production. Sproles isnt the type of guy you want to rely on starting. Even if LT goes down Sproles isnt going to be an every down back. He'd split with Gartrell Johnson.
Probably made the right choice, Lewis will be steady production. Sproles isnt the type of guy you want to rely on starting. Even if LT goes down Sproles isnt going to be an every down back. He'd split with Gartrell Johnson.
that was my thought process....although if I knew I could get Julius and Hightower later I might have just gone WR in that spot or something.

I did a mock draft on ESPN today for giggles1. (10) Chris Johnson2. (15) Drew Brees3. (34) Pierre Thomas4. (39) T.J. Houshmandzadeh5. (58) DeSean Jackson6. (63) Lee Evans7. (82) Earnest Graham8. (87) Greg Olsen9. (106) Donnie Avery10. (111) Matt Hasselbeck11. (130) Jerious Norwood12. (135) Mushsin Muhammed13. (154) Corell Buckhalter14. (159) Redskins D15. (178) Vernon Davis16. (183) KickerI wouldn't say it's a great team (12 teamer) but if it were a real league I'd think I'd definitely contend. I think a couple of my lower picks have some upside. If Turner gets hurt. If Buckhalter holds onto the goal line job. Redskins D might be quite good value with Haynesworth as much as D can be good value.I didn't like having to get two players on the same team in my top 3 picks but Ryan Grant went two picks ahead of me at 32.I ended up having to go somewhat with WR by committee but I think I did an OK job there.Hypothetical situation: you're a 14 team league. one guy hates drafting in the middle of the first round and has a history of first round busts/injuries so if his pick is not in the top 4 or in the bottom 4, he'll trade his first round pick. That's about 43% of the time.1, 4, 8 for 2, 3, 6What do you think of this deal?Obviously exact positions affect this but that's unknown. You also have to keep in mind that while it is a snake draft, the snake order switches every 2 rounds. This means if you draft 1st and 28th you do not necessarily have the 29th pick.

I did a mock draft on ESPN today for giggles1. (10) Chris Johnson2. (15) Drew Brees3. (34) Pierre Thomas4. (39) T.J. Houshmandzadeh5. (58) DeSean Jackson6. (63) Lee Evans7. (82) Earnest Graham8. (87) Greg Olsen9. (106) Donnie Avery10. (111) Matt Hasselbeck11. (130) Jerious Norwood12. (135) Mushsin Muhammed13. (154) Corell Buckhalter14. (159) Redskins D15. (178) Vernon Davis16. (183) Kicker
That is about as low as I have seen Brees go. People loooooooove him this year.I have been staying away from the Tampa RB situation just because I have zero clue what will happen btw Ward and Graham and whoever else they have down there. Too much uncertainty for me. I like Olsen a ton this year.....getting him at 87 would be great value imo. Hasselback is a good backup.....picking up Housh and having some health could lead to a big bounceback year for him. I like Jackson at 58....I dont love Thomas at 34.Not bad. It is good to do a couple drafts just for fun to get a feel for where players are going.
I did a mock draft on ESPN today for giggles1. (10) Chris Johnson2. (15) Drew Brees3. (34) Pierre Thomas4. (39) T.J. Houshmandzadeh5. (58) DeSean Jackson6. (63) Lee Evans7. (82) Earnest Graham8. (87) Greg Olsen9. (106) Donnie Avery10. (111) Matt Hasselbeck11. (130) Jerious Norwood12. (135) Mushsin Muhammed13. (154) Corell Buckhalter14. (159) Redskins D15. (178) Vernon Davis16. (183) Kicker
DeSean Jackson

I did another mock draft and ended up with Thomas in the 3rd round again. though this was closer to the 40th pick. I'm not a huge fan of him but the 3rd round doesn't have many guys I like. Marshall, Welker, Bowe, McFadden, Lynch, Thomas Jones. all very yucky to me.at least DeSean got hurt now instead of right around draft time

I did another mock draft and ended up with Thomas in the 3rd round again. though this was closer to the 40th pick. I'm not a huge fan of him but the 3rd round doesn't have many guys I like. Marshall, Welker, Bowe, McFadden, Lynch, Thomas Jones. all very yucky to me.at least DeSean got hurt now instead of right around draft time
I like Bowe. I think he will perform at a 3rd round level or better. I have no idea what will happen with Marshall this year. Welker should do well this year.

What do you guys think of the NYJ's RB Jones? How you think he will do this year, last year he averaged a little over 14pts per game in fantasy.