wily/akishore plo hand

Hey all,This was a huge hand that came up while Aseem and I were LAGing it up in the .01/.02 PLO tables at Pokerstars. Both of us were big stacked, and this hand was the collision of both our stacks. I had one of the best possible flops for my hand, only to hit a turn that sunk me. The question is - should I be smooth calling Aseem's stop-and-go on the turn, looking for one of my many outs, instead of raising and facing a reraise that forced me to commit all of my chips? I had the nut flush draw, a set, and a gutshot for Broadway - all of these outs probably would've killed the action on the river, with the possible exception of the 10's for my Broadway. Also, I was fairly sure Aseem had the wheel on the turn with his $1 bet, but I figured there was maybe a 20% chance he didn't - a lower set, aces up, or another good draw may have pulled the stop and go on the turn, along with a semi-bluff to push me off a weaker hand (I had been playing quite a lot of hands up to then). Any comments/suggestions would be great.Hero is Wily, tilter extraordinaire, and UTG is Akishore, master of pot manipulation. PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.02 BB (7 handed) converterButton ($20.57)SB ($14.38)BB ($10.61)UTG ($14.53)Hero ($18.34)MP2 ($4.52)CO ($9.28)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with [Js], [Jd], [Kc], [Qc]. UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.09, UTG calls $0.07.Flop: ($0.39) [Jh], [2c], [Ac] (4 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.3, CO calls $0.30, Button folds, UTG calls $0.30.Turn: ($1.29) [3s] (3 players)UTG bets $1, Hero calls $9.72.River: ($29.21) [8s] (2 players)UTG bets $0.18 (All-In), Hero calls $0.18.Final Pot: $29.57*** SHOW DOWN ***akishore: shows [4d 3c Kd 5h] (a straight, Ace to Five)WilyTilt: mucks hand akishore collected $28.12 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $29.57 | Rake $1.45 Board [Jh 2c Ac 3s 8s]Seat 1: Failing (button) folded on the FlopSeat 3: r_u_ne_good? (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: Bejlmru (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: akishore showed [4d 3c Kd 5h] and won ($28.12) with a straight, Ace to FiveSeat 6: WilyTilt mucked [Js Jd Kc Qc]

First thought: Wow, he played THAT from UTG?Second: Not sure I like the pot reraise on the turn. What would he be making this stop and go with? 33 possibly, but I doubt it. Definately not aces up. Gotta think we caught something large there and be wary. but I'm a cheap bastish, so I dunno.Third: You had what... 23 outs on the river? 22 with him holding a club.. you were the favorite, hard to argue with your play, really.

First thought: Wow, he played THAT from UTG?
we were lagging it up on purpose for kicks (look at the stakes). i would never play that in any position normally, but i think i should have raised with it there. :club:
Second: Not sure I like the pot reraise on the turn. What would he be making this stop and go with? 33 possibly, but I doubt it. Definately not aces up. Gotta think we caught something large there and be wary. but I'm a cheap bastish, so I dunno.Third: You had what... 23 outs on the river? 22 with him holding a club.. you were the favorite, hard to argue with your play, really.
he wasn't technically a favorite (you can plug it into a calculator), but i actually like his push since he has SO much equity (and the only hand which has him in trouble is the turned straight.i think the turn push is okay.aseem

Aw man. Look at Akishore's signature. Those are some pretty cool gifts....Super System, chips, nice cards, an Ipod, and a... Holy Crap! They sent you a Dealer KID! That's gotta be illegal, or something! How can I get my hands on some some illegal card-dealing and pot-setting children? S hit, I'll settle for a dealer-midget or a dealer-immigrant worker!Ice

Aw man. Look at Akishore's signature. Those are some pretty cool gifts....Super System, chips, nice cards, an Ipod, and a... Holy Crap! They sent you a Dealer KID! That's gotta be illegal, or something! How can I get my hands on some some illegal card-dealing and pot-setting children? S hit, I'll settle for a dealer-midget or a dealer-immigrant worker!Ice
lmao!thanks for the heads-up, i'll correct it... :club::D:D aseem

Man, that sucks... I wish you'd left it. I laughed every time I saw it. I was having a terrible day today, when I started thinking about this little midget sitting in my apartment, dealing for my friends and I. It's really uncomfortable, and he hates it, and he's got the gruff voice, and my friends are all confused... then he demands a smoke break, and I'm like, "Sure, man... do whatever." That's some funny shit.Ice

Man, that sucks... I wish you'd left it. I laughed every time I saw it. I was having a terrible day today, when I started thinking about this little midget sitting in my apartment, dealing for my friends and I. It's really uncomfortable, and he hates it, and he's got the gruff voice, and my friends are all confused... then he demands a smoke break, and I'm like, "Sure, man... do whatever." That's some funny censored.Ice
that image cracks me up. you're a funny guy, ice. i'll re-edit my sig...lmao, one of my friends used to continuously make midget jokes in high school, and they always cracked me up. good memories.aseem