mirage poker showdown

Well I am headed to Vegas in the morning for the Mirage Poker Showdown. I am going to try to win two seats for the Super Satelites on Saturday & Sunday. If I win my seat on Saturday, I will sell the Sunday seat. Hopefully I will have time to stop by the Wynn and see some of Daniel's next match. Anyway, I will try to update this thread to let you all know how I do. Hopefully I will be able to represent FCP in the WPT event (Allin with Crabler first hand).

Well I am headed to Vegas in the morning for the Mirage Poker Showdown. I am going to try to win two seats for the Super Satelites on Saturday & Sunday. If I win my seat on Saturday, I will sell the Sunday seat. Hopefully I will have time to stop by the Wynn and see some of Daniel's next match. Anyway, I will try to update this thread to let you all know how I do. Hopefully I will be able to represent FCP in the WPT event (Allin with Crabler first hand).
Good luck to ya

Well I made it into town this morning. My goal was to win enough tourney chips to play both supers just in case. It turns out that tomorrows event is a $3000 buy in so the satelites that are running would get me enough chips for both supers. I played very well getting down to heads up. The other guy had a two to one chip lead on me, but he only wanted to offer $700 for a chop so I refused figuring that if I doubled up I would be able to at least get one of my $1500 buy ins. He raises from the small blind, and I look down at AK suited. Knowing that he is pot commited I push my chips in, he calls and turns over K7. Five running diamonds come and we chop the pot. The hand that ended it all I had 56 and the board came 477, knowing that he would have to have a 7 or 4 to call I pushed my remaining chips in, and he turned over 74 for the boat, I make my straight on the turn to add insult to injury, and kiss my $3K good bye. I am going to relax for a few hours and head back to it, hopefully I will be able to win the next one. Too bad I didn't go for the chop, I generally do if they sound fair, but I truly felt that he was not that great of a player, plus I wasn't really getting a fair amount for the chips that I had.

Well I am back from Vegas, lol. If you can't tell by the fact that the WPT event hasn't started that is not good news. Well actually I sort of had a mixed bag. For once in my life I did well in cash games, but my play in the satelites was HORRIBLE. It was afun trip, I had the opportunity to sit and talk with/play against several players that have been to WPT/WSOP final tables. Last trip I played against Tomar Benvinisti, he seemed like a real nice guy. A few weeks ago, I watched Moneymakers audio commentary of Tomars final table, so I wanted to hear what he was thinking when Moneymaker called and flipped over the A2. He is such a nice guy, I would have had a hard time not jumping over the table, after betting $665,000 and being called down by A2. I don't care what Money says that was the WORST call ok second WORST call I have ever seen. The WORST was when Money called Dutch down holding 33, with 3 overcards.

actually that was a good call, obviously he though he didnt have a pair, and he made the right move
It turned out to be a great call, however the math hardly makes sence. My thinking would have been that perhaps Tomar is making a move. That would have been my first instinct, then I would have had to assess his possible hands. A3 - AK I am a HUGE dog, 22 - AA I am a huge dog. I am only a favorite with any non paired hand which does not contain an A. Ok lets assume that Tomar is holding J10, that means that I am a 57.3% favorite. I don't know about you, but I generally try to avoid doubling up opponents. When you look at a situation where at best you are a 57.3% favorite, and more probably than not you are a significant dog you should probably fold.