should i have done this?

Fiurst hand, notice these guys are crazy...-----HAND 1------Game #646573623: Texas Hold'em No Limit (7/15) - 2005/05/18 - 11:28:11 (UK)Table "STT 602589 - 1" Seat 1 is the button. Seat 1: Corkie001 (1000 in chips)Seat 2: Toma2408 (1000 in chips)Seat 3: The_fonz (1000 in chips)Seat 4: Logan100 (1000 in chips)Seat 5: Claymancl (1000 in chips)Seat 6: Angel5000 (1000 in chips)Seat 7: ChrisA (1000 in chips)Seat 8: Lefish1 (1000 in chips)Seat 9: Thekeen (1000 in chips)Seat 10: dangriver (1000 in chips)Toma2408: posts small blind 7The_fonz: posts big blind 15----- HOLE CARDS -----dealt to Lefish1 [Jc 2d]Logan100: raises to 45Claymancl: raises to 75Angel5000: foldsChrisA: foldsLefish1: foldsThekeen: foldsdangriver: foldsCorkie001: foldsToma2408: foldsThe_fonz: calls 60Logan100: calls 30----- FLOP ----- [2c 5c 9c]The_fonz: bets 15Logan100: raises to 75Claymancl: raises to 925 and is all-inThe_fonz: foldsLogan100: calls 850 and is all-in----- TURN ----- [2c 5c 9c][5d]----- RIVER ----- [2c 5c 9c 5d][Ks]----- SHOW DOWN -----Claymancl: shows [7s 9d] (Two Pairs, Nines and Fives, King high)Logan100: shows [Th Ts] (Two Pairs, Tens and Fives, King high)Logan100 collected 2097 from Main pot----- SUMMARY -----Total pot 2097 Main pot 2097 Rake 0Board [2c 5c 9c 5d Ks]Seat 1: Corkie001 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: Toma2408 (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: The_fonz (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 4: Logan100 showed [Th Ts] and won (2097) with Two Pairs, Tens and Fives, King highSeat 6: Angel5000 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: ChrisA folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Lefish1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: Thekeen folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: dangriver folded before Flop (didn't bet)Get dealt pocket Aces and then raise 3xBB get 4 callers one re raiser and then I go all in to take a pot of about 12-15 BB, 2 callers KK and QQ, the QQ wins and has me covered. Should I have just called? I think if I called I woulda bet big on flop of Q88 3 way, figuring no one to have an 8.------HAND 2------Game #646573713: Texas Hold'em No Limit (7/15) - 2005/05/18 - 11:29:19 (UK)Table "STT 602589 - 1" Seat 2 is the button. Seat 1: Corkie001 (1000 in chips)Seat 2: Toma2408 (993 in chips)Seat 3: The_fonz (910 in chips)Seat 4: Logan100 (2097 in chips)Seat 6: Angel5000 (1000 in chips)Seat 7: ChrisA (1000 in chips)Seat 8: Lefish1 (1000 in chips)Seat 9: Thekeen (1000 in chips)Seat 10: dangriver (1000 in chips)The_fonz: posts small blind 7Logan100: posts big blind 15----- HOLE CARDS -----dealt to Lefish1 [Ad As]Angel5000: foldsChrisA: foldsChrisA sits outChrisA sits backLefish1: raises to 45Thekeen: foldsdangriver: calls 45Corkie001: calls 45Toma2408: calls 45ChrisA sits backThe_fonz: foldsLogan100: raises to 105Lefish1: raises to 1000 and is all-indangriver: foldsCorkie001: calls 955 and is all-inToma2408: foldsLogan100: calls 895----- FLOP ----- [8c 8h Qh]----- TURN ----- [8c 8h Qh][9d]----- RIVER ----- [8c 8h Qh 9d][Js]----- SHOW DOWN -----Lefish1: shows [Ad As] (Two Pairs, Aces and Eights, Queen high)Corkie001: shows [Kc Ks] (Two Pairs, Kings and Eights, Queen high)Logan100: shows [Qs Qc] (A Full House, Queens full of Eights)Logan100 collected 3097 from Main pot----- SUMMARY -----Total pot 3097 Main pot 3097 Rake 0Board [8c 8h Qh 9d Js]Seat 2: Toma2408 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: The_fonz (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Logan100 (big blind) showed [Qs Qc] and won (3097) with A Full House, Queens full of EightsSeat 6: Angel5000 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: ChrisA folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: Thekeen folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: dangriver folded before Flop (didn't bet)Comments?

My friend says, I shouldn't have gone all in...I think this is the best play here, because I am always going to commit all my chips in a hand like this, only 2 hand into the tournament so no read on any players, just playing the cards. I think that if I had just called here, I may have had more callers and would have had less chance to win the pot by giving them the chance to catch their cards. In my opinion I would rather take down this pot of about 300 - 400 rather than let them catch something and me losing a pot. As it is I got unlucky but there you go.

with more than one caller you should almost certainly reraise with the aces and if its not too absurd an overbet go ahead and move in. when you move in and get called in two spots with aces then youve done well regardless of wether you win or lose. just try to make good decisions (and getting all in preflop even if 9 people call you and your an underdog to win is a good decision) and try to let the winning take care of itself. you cant control wether you win or lose so make sure you control your decisions and make the best ones you canmatty

I think this was a good decision based on odds, 70% to win getting 3:1. The question I am more concerned with is whether or not this early in the stage I need to risk all my chips with AA when I can definitely take down the field with a less risky hand. I know that I am going to win 2 out of evry 3 times, but is it worth going out 30% of the time?

Your friend is on crack. You got more than 2:1 on your money as a 67.5% favorite. Great decision, great that two people called. Crappy result.That's poker.

I am getting 3:1 as 67% favourite, but I will still lose and go out 33% of the time. This is the part that I am more concerned with, sorry if the question made it look as if this wasn't the case.

My friend says, I shouldn't have gone all in...I think this is the best play here, because I am always going to commit all my chips in a hand like this, only 2 hand into the tournament so no read on any players, just playing the cards. I think that if I had just called here, I may have had more callers and would have had less chance to win the pot by giving them the chance to catch their cards. In my opinion I would rather take down this pot of about 300 - 400 rather than let them catch something and me losing a pot. As it is I got unlucky but there you go.
Simplify the situation a little: together they had 4 outs against you, if you ignore the possible straight and flush draws. 4 outs. Now ask yourself do you want to take that chance?They got lucky this time, but most of the time you will come on top. That's poker my friend, as the saying goes.
I am getting 3:1 as 67% favourite, but I will still lose and go out 33% of the time. This is the part that I am more concerned with, sorry if the question made it look as if this wasn't the case.
In this kind of situation, you shouldn't be concerned with the 33%. Yes, it's early in the tournament, yes there's a chance someone will catch lucky (which is what happened), but any time you can get a big return on investment with a hand that's the heavy favorite, you should be fairly content to push in your chips.The 1/3rd of the time you're going to lose, is more than offset by the 2/3rds of the time that you're going to win and assume a dominant chip position.

You did the right thing. Can't fault others for calling. Basically its just bad luck. I'm working on obtaining some statisitics of the over pair vs. the underpair online. Right now threw 30 situations heads up preflop it is 15-15 (some my hands some others). Bad beat plain and simple.

I think QQ shouldn't call, but he had us covered by 1000 so maybe he should as he could knock out 2 players.KK should call I think as he doesn't have a read on me enough to sense I could be holding AA.

I think QQ shouldn't call, but he had us covered by 1000 so maybe he should as he could knock out 2 players.KK should call I think as he doesn't have a read on me enough to sense I could be holding AA.
'Shouldn't' is a pretty iffy thing there.Basically what it comes down to for the Queens player is whether her thinks you've got AA/KK or whether he just thinks you have Ax. You already know that he's a fairly loose/aggressive player, and he doesn't have a read on either of you, so he could be thinking that you both have Ax, in which case he's ahead to your two-outers or runner-runner draws. I probably don't make that call with QQ, I'm getting 2:1 on my money with the chance to kill two players, but I'm at best a slight favorite, and at worst a pretty severe dog. However, he might just be thinking that either way he's at worst still above the starting chip amounts. It's a very loose call, but if he's right he's going to wipe up what's left of the table.