Try this as a rough guide.Top 10% = 55+, AT+, A8s+, KQsTop 20% = 33+, A4+, A2s+, KJ+, KTs+Top 30% = 22+, A2+, K8+, K4s+, QT+, Q9s+, JTs+VPIP of 9-15 is nitty-tight.TAGS will usually be in the 16-21 range.Mid-high 20's is loose.30+ is very loose.

I am looking to purchase some software like pokerstove soon. Does it explain what each category means, like VP$IP%? Cause I have know clue what it actually means right now. I understand the values you both displayed are ranges for aggressive vs tight but might not get what other acronyms are detailing.

Oh yeah sorry. Will the software programs display a villains stats on his/her name if they are aggressive or passive? Sorry never seen a table picture of one.I am looking to play both Cash and Tournaments heavily very soon so what is the recommended software I purchase?Thanks in advance for the information and advice.

Oh yeah sorry. Will the software programs display a villains stats on his/her name if they are aggressive or passive? Sorry never seen a table picture of one.I am looking to play both Cash and Tournaments heavily very soon so what is the recommended software I purchase?Thanks in advance for the information and advice.
Pokerstove is free. You can use it to plug in different ranges and calculate equity against these ranges.Holdem Manager or Pokertracker both come with huds that will display villain's stats on the screen while you play. These programs cost money.