absolutley idiotic poker story.

OK, i played in a small game and i mean a real small game. Once it got down to 5 people it tightened up bad. People wouldn't play if they didnt have the absolute nuts. You could bluff and pick up VERY small pots, it was basically dragging on forever. It was basically a bunch of people who didnt know much about the game, myself included at the time of this game, but im learning. Well the kid to my right and I were getting quite annoyed with these kids playing so tight. Yeah we knew they were playing their own styles but there was honestly maybe one big pot every hour and a half and they refused to raise the blinds. (this was just a little house game, mostly people who didnt play much so they said it was rude to raise the blinds!) Well once again the kid to my right was sb and i was bb. we put in our blinds and as usual the rest of the table folded. him and i didnt even look at our cards we just checked it all the way down to show how ridiculous we thought this whole event was. the flop came 2 :D 4 :D 6 :) and the next two were blanks. we sat jokingly wondering if either of us had the straight flush. Sure enough he turns over 3 :club: 5 :D ! I know we were playing like morons but seriously this game was the worst one i have ever played in. i ended up winning that night and refused to play in it again. I know a lot of people will probably flame and say that it was really dumb to play like we did but i will be the first to admit that. Never would i play like that if it was an actual game this set up was a joke. I know we acted like jerkoffs so I dont need some of those constant flamers to remind me. I just thought it was somewhat entertaining and freak luck that i wanted to share.

In games where the tables are consistantly tight or consistantly lose, you have to adapt your style to take advantage of it.If you were playing a very tight table then you should play lose and pick up as many small pots as possible. Even though it's not high stakes, money is money and you should try and pick up as many of those small pots as possible. Not only will you be making money, but most likely the table will become looser if you play loser.YOU should always be in control of the table and manipulating it in favor of you.if you wanted the table to loosen up, you can make sure they know you're playing in the dark, raising in the dark, and playing like a maniac. They'll loosen up their game

In games where the tables are consistantly tight or consistantly lose, you have to adapt your style to take advantage of it.If you were playing a very tight table then you should play lose and pick up as many small pots as possible. Even though it's not high stakes, money is money and you should try and pick up as many of those small pots as possible. Not only will you be making money, but most likely the table will become looser if you play loser.YOU should always be in control of the table and manipulating it in favor of you.if you wanted the table to loosen up, you can make sure they know you're playing in the dark, raising in the dark, and playing like a maniac. They'll loosen up their game
Great post.I played two weeks ago with a table of seven fish who thought it was rude to go all-in or raise the blinds. Needless to say, I got cold cards that night but still left with near 85% of the money played at the table because I picked up nearly every pot that they weren't raising. I folded Jacks once when someone raised preflop who was complainging to me about it, he had kings. The few hands I did make helped a ton in that because I was forcing the players to play outside their comfort zone. If I am raising preflop or going all in on the flop after I raised preflop and then showing 3 6 offsuit twice in a row, they are going to go on tilt and start playing more hands. Then you trap.
So basically you're admitting to you and your friend softplaying? Nice, great poker etiquette.
we didnt once look at each other and say "lets check it down" we just checked. also it was a table full of friends. It wasnt bad poker etiquette we were both just fed up.