Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($5.85)BB ($3.60)UTG ($10.50)UTG+1 ($2.70)MP1 ($9.05)MP2 ($3.70)MP3 ($6.95)CO ($3.65)Hero (Button) ($8.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with Aheart.gif, Jspade.gif, 3club.gif, 2diamond.gif1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25Flop: ($1.75) 4spade.gif, Kclub.gif, 2club.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75, SB calls $1.75, BB raises to $3.25 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $0.60 (All-In), Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.50Turn: ($13.85) 3heart.gif(4 players, 2 all-in)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($13.85) 7heart.gif(4 players, 2 all-in)SB checks, Hero checksTotal pot: $13.85 | Rake: $1.35

i don't know how these games play but i usually 3 bet preflop.as played not closing the action i fold the flop.since you got there i blast the turn. the pots big enough where he should just about never fold, so get him to make a bad fold.

after playing 3 orbits im gonna stick with my guns on this one. i really don't think these games are beatable. when you get it in with those thin edges where you have outs to scoop but split otherwise you lose money. those spots are huge sources of profit from bad players. maybe if you gave up small edges and waited for lock/lock hands you could win. i dunno.

after playing 3 orbits im gonna stick with my guns on this one. i really don't think these games are beatable. when you get it in with those thin edges where you have outs to scoop but split otherwise you lose money. those spots are huge sources of profit from bad players. maybe if you gave up small edges and waited for lock/lock hands you could win. i dunno.
I keep telling myself I'm going to nit it up but I just can't do it. Way too boring. I still think rakeback probably offsets the higher rake, though.
since you got there i blast the turn. the pots big enough where he should just about never fold, so get him to make a bad fold.
Did I really get there on the turn? All I have now is two pair with the nut low draw.
I keep telling myself I'm going to nit it up but I just can't do it. Way too boring. I still think rakeback probably offsets the higher rake, though.
i think the only way to win might be to nit it up. like that hand where the guy had the flush and i had the two pair and the nut low. at higher limits getting stacks in there is profitable despite the rake with me having only one out to scoop (well, he had 3 and i had 4 but thats like having one sort of). at this limit im not sure exactly what is correct, i think maybe i shouldn't have ever bet out, i should just check/call unless i fill up. even then by the river the pot is around $7 which is .70 of rake which is significant.
  • 4 weeks later...
i don't know how these games play but i usually 3 bet preflop.as played not closing the action i fold the flop.since you got there i blast the turn. the pots big enough where he should just about never fold, so get him to make a bad fold.
Without meaning to drag up an old post I'd like to ask about this one, as I'm relatively new to O8, but have been having quite a bit of success in it recently. I've only been playing LO8 though, so my thinking may be way off and n00b.Questions I have: He didn't really get there on the turn, so I don't understand blasting it, I wouldn't consider it getting there anyway, bottom 2 and a draw to the low. Why do you advocate blasting it? The main question I have is why fold the flop? Assuming you mean to the original pot bet, I don't regularly fold the nut low draw in a multiway pot on the button facing one bet, but is that because this is pot limit at such a highly raked level?Thanks.
Without meaning to drag up an old post I'd like to ask about this one, as I'm relatively new to O8, but have been having quite a bit of success in it recently. I've only been playing LO8 though, so my thinking may be way off and n00b.Questions I have: He didn't really get there on the turn, so I don't understand blasting it, I wouldn't consider it getting there anyway, bottom 2 and a draw to the low. Why do you advocate blasting it? The main question I have is why fold the flop? Assuming you mean to the original pot bet, I don't regularly fold the nut low draw in a multiway pot on the button facing one bet, but is that because this is pot limit at such a highly raked level?Thanks.
feel free to drag up any old post, i love talking about this stuff (probably more than i should lol)when i said "get there" i meant got to the turn the way he did. i say blast it because that card looks as bad for his opponents as it does for him. if the jack in his hand was a 6 or a 7 i might say check behind and call a river bet. if this was lo8 i would definitely call that flop. i might even raise.

Ok thanks for that, makes sense now. I've still got a lot to learn, I've just bought Hwangs book and am about to read the LO8 chapter, then the PLO8 one.