Jcarver Ftops 1/10-10/10

I thought I would give a little feedback about your first video series as a whole. Great job whole way thru. I think for replayer vidoes the amount of time you spent analyzing postflop for each hand was appropriate. Most people such as myself have a good handle on hand reading and ranges preflop but have little knowledge on what the best lines are for borderline situations that aren't as simple as bet bet bet for value postflop. Obviously for live recordings you wont have as much time to express all your thoughts about the decisions your making, but i do think everyone will pick up lots of information regardless. So definately keep the replayer vids close to what you did for this first series, and I hope to gain more insight from your play in the future.

I thought I would give a little feedback about your first video series as a whole. Great job whole way thru. I think for replayer vidoes the amount of time you spent analyzing postflop for each hand was appropriate. Most people such as myself have a good handle on hand reading and ranges preflop but have little knowledge on what the best lines are for borderline situations that aren't as simple as bet bet bet for value postflop. Obviously for live recordings you wont have as much time to express all your thoughts about the decisions your making, but i do think everyone will pick up lots of information regardless. So definately keep the replayer vids close to what you did for this first series, and I hope to gain more insight from your play in the future.
Wait and see the next two videos before you decide which style you like best/ learn most from. The next video scheduled for publication a week from now is totally live, and the one after that is a hybrid that I think will be what I try to do for most of my videos in the future. Happy to hear you liked it and learned something.
Wait and see the next two videos before you decide which style you like best/ learn most from. The next video scheduled for publication a week from now is totally live, and the one after that is a hybrid that I think will be what I try to do for most of my videos in the future. Happy to hear you liked it and learned something.
I look forward to viewing all the styles. I am particularly interested in the hybrid video. It seems like that would be a little more time consuming. However, I think that seeing the hands played in real time, then analyzing the critical hands postmortem, will yield the most benefits.As for the subject matter, unlike the OP, I still struggle in my (faith in my) hand reading abilities. Hearing in your initial video that you have been incorrect on your reads, but continue to believe in them, made me feel a little better. When it comes to hand reading, what are the most common errors amateurs make? I am still playing low stakes, where it seems to be more difficult to discover the logic of others when, oftentimes, they haven't figured out their logic yet, either.Next Tuesday cannot come soon enough! Keep up the good work.
I look forward to viewing all the styles. I am particularly interested in the hybrid video. It seems like that would be a little more time consuming. However, I think that seeing the hands played in real time, then analyzing the critical hands postmortem, will yield the most benefits.As for the subject matter, unlike the OP, I still struggle in my (faith in my) hand reading abilities. Hearing in your initial video that you have been incorrect on your reads, but continue to believe in them, made me feel a little better. When it comes to hand reading, what are the most common errors amateurs make? I am still playing low stakes, where it seems to be more difficult to discover the logic of others when, oftentimes, they haven't figured out their logic yet, either.Next Tuesday cannot come soon enough! Keep up the good work.
That's how you become a good player - try to make all the best decisions that you can, time and time again. Analyze not just the ones you get wrong, but also the ones you get right. Were you right/wrong because you made a misread of a situation or an opponent, or was it just that you were right and ran into a portion of his range that you sometimes lose to? For example, let's say you're facing a big bet on the river with a marginal hand. You think about it, decide you don't believe him and call, and he happens to have you crushed. Instead of saying "Damn it, I should have folded," re-analyze the hand - was it a bad call, or is he really bluffing there a lot and you just happened to run into a huge hand? Consider a theoretical PF decision where you have, say, AJo, and there's a shove behind your mp open raise, 30bb eff stacks in a tournament. You think about the hands he's played in the past and decide to call his shove. He happens to have 99 and you win the pot. Was that call actually ok? Maybe, maybe not. Honest self-analysis is crucial to becoming a good player, and very few players truly do so, low stakes or not.A lot of what I said above also has to do with developing your handreading instincts, and the best way to hone them is to listen to them. Temper them with reason, logic, and good decision making, but certainly don't leave your instincts undeveloped. Think through hands, talk about them with good players, listen to the thought process of good players (this is where I come in!), and then get all the experience you can. Seems like a good path to success to me :club:.
That's how you become a good player - try to make all the best decisions that you can, time and time again. Analyze not just the ones you get wrong, but also the ones you get right. Were you right/wrong because you made a misread of a situation or an opponent, or was it just that you were right and ran into a portion of his range that you sometimes lose to? For example, let's say you're facing a big bet on the river with a marginal hand. You think about it, decide you don't believe him and call, and he happens to have you crushed. Instead of saying "Damn it, I should have folded," re-analyze the hand - was it a bad call, or is he really bluffing there a lot and you just happened to run into a huge hand? Consider a theoretical PF decision where you have, say, AJo, and there's a shove behind your mp open raise, 30bb eff stacks in a tournament. You think about the hands he's played in the past and decide to call his shove. He happens to have 99 and you win the pot. Was that call actually ok? Maybe, maybe not. Honest self-analysis is crucial to becoming a good player, and very few players truly do so, low stakes or not.A lot of what I said above also has to do with developing your handreading instincts, and the best way to hone them is to listen to them. Temper them with reason, logic, and good decision making, but certainly don't leave your instincts undeveloped. Think through hands, talk about them with good players, listen to the thought process of good players (this is where I come in!), and then get all the experience you can. Seems like a good path to success to me :club:.
Thank you for your comments. It has been a long and winding road so far. I am working on reorganizing my thought process during a hand. That has helped a little bit. My biggest fear is that, when I take time to think, I fear it leaves a timing tell. As a result, I tend to rush my decisions while overlooking a factor that may have helped me find the correct decision. It is for that reason I look forward to your live play, then the postmortem afterwards.
Thank you for your comments. It has been a long and winding road so far. I am working on reorganizing my thought process during a hand. That has helped a little bit. My biggest fear is that, when I take time to think, I fear it leaves a timing tell. As a result, I tend to rush my decisions while overlooking a factor that may have helped me find the correct decision. It is for that reason I look forward to your live play, then the postmortem afterwards.
Most likely, the opponents you'll be facing at your level don't read too deeply into timing, but if this worries you, the answer is just to take a little bit longer with all your postflop decisions to "balance your timing range". It's partly why you see players at railheaven, for example, tank/shove with the nuts, when they clearly know they're shoving all along. It disguises what 'thinking' means so that they can actually timebank and debate bluffing/thin value shoving since their opponents know they also give off similar timing with a clear value shove.

Hi , just wanted to say i luv the new vids. Im learning tons and feel like i need to watch them a few more times just to get all the info. Cant thank you enough. Great job. Actually, all the new vids have been great. Thanks again.