Outdoor Wildlife Sensor Cams

Im thinking of getting my brother in law and my nephews one of those cams you strap to the tree and it takes pictures of the wildlife that walk by all day long. I have been looking around and all the reviews I have read are not good. I dont really want to spend over $200 on one. Wondering if anyone here has ever used one and could point me in the right direction.My buddy has one at his hunting lodge and they have great pictures of bears walking up there driveway all hours of the day, but hes got big bucks so his probably cost at least a grand. Know if I can get a decent one for a decent price?

Im thinking of getting my brother in law and my nephews one of those cams you strap to the tree and it takes pictures of the wildlife that walk by all day long. I have been looking around and all the reviews I have read are not good. I dont really want to spend over $200 on one. Wondering if anyone here has ever used one and could point me in the right direction.My buddy has one at his hunting lodge and they have great pictures of bears walking up there driveway all hours of the day, but hes got big bucks so his probably cost at least a grand. Know if I can get a decent one for a decent price?
My dad has 1 one the back property at the house...loves it and loves showing me the pics when I come over. Not sure of the brand, but I'd bet he spent less than $200 bucks.I'll see if I can get some info from my dad for you.
My dad has 1 one the back property at the house...loves it and loves showing me the pics when I come over. Not sure of the brand, but I'd bet he spent less than $200 bucks.I'll see if I can get some info from my dad for you.
TY, maybe I can swing this into a three way christmas gift since my brother in law would love it and he always gets the shaft
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the ones that actually film video clips of the game as well. You can easily find the ones that take snap shots for cheap. Have you checked Ebay yet?
No all I went to was Gander Mountains website and I looked at everyone they ahd and they all had bad reviews, but I suppose someone with a good review wont write one.
I looked at everyone they ahd and they all had bad reviews, but I suppose someone with a good review wont write one.
Not online. People write good and bad reviews alike. I usually exercise the 'review' option for anything I purchase online.If something has universally poor online reviews, definitely trust that.
I have one that I love. These are some of the pics from it.http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo21/KTBC_photos/It is a wildview.www.wildviewcam.com
Those look like pretty decent quality photos, do you know which model you have? The Xtreme5 is $149.99 I will probably go ahead and order that if I decide on purchasing. Thank you.
I don't know much about them myself, but from hearing my uncle and grandfather talk only the expensive ones are really worth having at all from a quality standpoint.
QFTI have motion sensor cameras on the house and the ones on the side were cheap...and not worth a crap.The cameras really arent that expensive...your money will be spent on your recording device. There's a lot of options on hard drive sizes and the way they record, store etc.You could do the whole thing with a single camera for around 200-250 probably.
Those look like pretty decent quality photos, do you know which model you have? The Xtreme5 is $149.99 I will probably go ahead and order that if I decide on purchasing. Thank you.
Not sure of the model. I have had it for ages. Keep in mind the pictures that say wildview on the bottom were taken on extremely low batteries. I think they lasted 2-3 days before they died. My fault for not changing them for two years.