Sports Illustrated Ballpark Rankings

Not sure why, you got my point...here "Nothing I have ever experienced baseball wise is like walking through the tunnel and seeing Wrigley Field". Better?
"If this study doesn't confirm to my preconceived notion of baseball reality, it is wrong."Not only did you refuse to read the article because of where THE FANS had your favorite team's stadium ranked, you got pissed because SOME OTHER old stadiums weren't ranked high enough. Then you admitted you'd never even been to any of those older stadiums!Things like this -- stadium experience -- are only favorable/unfavorable in relation to OTHER stadium experiences. Admitting you haven't been to any of the stadiums in one breath, but still quibbling with how they're being ranked/rated in the other is just... it's ridiculous. Finally, Wrigley is a playground for cocksuckers.

Busch Stadium 9th in traffic?!?!?!?!? That's a joke.Ever since they tore out the 8th Street ramp onto I-64 to build the new ballpark it is absolute hell to get out of the city heading back into Illinois. We now have to drive to the Edwards Jones Dome to get on the way overcrowded MLK bridge, or drive a mile and half down Broadway to get on I-44/I-55 in Soulard.The fan IQ and Hospitality are dead on, but I think the tradition is still too low despite being top 5.

I love Wrigley, but there are some major issues.. the atmostphere more than makes up for them, but their criticisms are right. 1) there is no place to park ( never an issue for me, I always took the El2) the food and beer is expensive and crappy ( sorry, Old Style blows)3) I think team quality is a little low, the cubs have been competitive for the last few years. Historically? not so much4) Tradition is about right.5) atmosphere. For me, the atmosphere is outstanding. But a problem would be that the cheapest seats ( the bleachers) are also the least family friendly. I imagine if I was a parent, there would be many places in WF that I'd have a problem with. Safeco is a lovely place to see a ball park, but I can't understand why it's number 1 in this category. Maybe Seattle fans have low standards. 6) Fan IQ: about right. There are many smart, hardcore cub fans. And there are a bunch of drunken frat guys and yuppies who don't know crap about b-ball. 7 Hospitality and promotions. I could give a crap about the promotions... I don't remember the staff at Wrigley being especially rude. * shrug* that's a strange category. 8 Traffic Well, anyone who would drive to wrigley is retarded to begin with. I think the fact that the El stops literally a block away from the field is tremendous. 9. Neighborhood. I've never been to a Padre game, and San Diego is a beautiful town, but I'd be shocked to find out that it was better than Wrigleyville. I'd like to take that Pepsi challenge.Overall, I think some of the things that Wrigley scored low in were valid criticisms.Are the white sox really that high in food? when I went to a sox game in 97 I don't remember it being spectacular. Wow, the marlins scored low. Is it any wonder they draw like 5,000 people per game?

I love Wrigley, but there are some major issues.. the atmostphere more than makes up for them, but their criticisms are right. 1) there is no place to park ( never an issue for me, I always took the ElNot true I usually drive to the game and never have a problem finding parking, it can be expensive sometimes though. But usually within 3-5 blocks for 20 bucks 2) the food and beer is expensive and crappy ( sorry, Old Style blows)I usually only eat a hotdog or two, So food is nothing I worry about. (do other fans really go see games cause the food is so good?). Want good food at a Cubs game? Go get a Burrito under the L after the game.Beer is expensive but when is it not at a pro sport? Personlly I dont mind the Old style. Granted Id never order it at a bar but at the game I like it. but I get what your saying3) I think team quality is a little low, the cubs have been competitive for the last few years. Historically? not so muchDead on4) Tradition is about right.agree5) atmosphere. For me, the atmosphere is outstanding. But a problem would be that the cheapest seats ( the bleachers) are also the least family friendly. I imagine if I was a parent, there would be many places in WF that I'd have a problem with. Safeco is a lovely place to see a ball park, but I can't understand why it's number 1 in this category. Maybe Seattle fans have low standards. Bleachers aint cheap anymore. $40 bucks I believe6) Fan IQ: about right. There are many smart, hardcore cub fans. And there are a bunch of drunken frat guys and yuppies who don't know crap about b-ball. Yup7 Hospitality and promotions. I could give a crap about the promotions... I don't remember the staff at Wrigley being especially rude. * shrug* that's a strange category. Yup8 Traffic Well, anyone who would drive to wrigley is retarded to begin with. I think the fact that the El stops literally a block away from the field is tremendous. It aint as bad to drive to as you may think.9. Neighborhood. I've never been to a Padre game, and San Diego is a beautiful town, but I'd be shocked to find out that it was better than Wrigleyville. I'd like to take that Pepsi challenge.Completely agree. I need to go catch a Padres game apparenty.Overall, I think some of the things that Wrigley scored low in were valid criticisms.agreeAre the white sox really that high in food? when I went to a sox game in 97 I don't remember it being spectacular. Everyone says the food is excellent there, I dont really know thoughWow, the marlins scored low. Is it any wonder they draw like 5,000 people per game?

I'll throw in a different perspective for the midwest. I am a tv cameraman for sports, and Wrigley is absolute hell to work in. Miller Park (Brewers) is one of the easiest next to US Cellular (White Sox). Those older stadiums, like Wrigley, might be fun for the fan, but they are miserable to work in. Got to love showing up to work at Wrigley at 7am for a 1pm game, and then the Cubs front office not showing up until 9am with press credentials to let you in, and then after the game, making you wait an hour or so to unload until everyone has been cleared from the stadium. Local parking is about 15-40 dollars, and with the neighborhood parking restrictions you have to park about 2 or 3 miles away on day games and take the El (subway) from your car to the stadium. Oh, and the fact that they have one elevator for food, cleaning, handicapped, and tv crews to all share. And you share the players entrance for your ghear, which leads you through the trash room into the stadium. Only stadium in the league where the players have to walk in through the trash room. Miller park is one of the most tv friendly and easiest stadium to work in, and with free press parking and cargo elevators, it's a huge plus. Also, you can tailgate in the parking lot after a long day of work, which is a great way to end a day. The midwest ballparks are fun, I recommend everyone see a game at Wrigley, US Cell, Busch, Miller Park, etc. But as far as working goes, i'm glad i'm mainly in Milwaukee over the Chicago teams, ever though the White Sox are who I root for.Tom.

I'll throw in a different perspective for the midwest. I am a tv cameraman for sports, and Wrigley is absolute hell to work in. Miller Park (Brewers) is one of the easiest next to US Cellular (White Sox). Those older stadiums, like Wrigley, might be fun for the fan, but they are miserable to work in. Got to love showing up to work at Wrigley at 7am for a 1pm game, and then the Cubs front office not showing up until 9am with press credentials to let you in, and then after the game, making you wait an hour or so to unload until everyone has been cleared from the stadium. Local parking is about 15-40 dollars, and with the neighborhood parking restrictions you have to park about 2 or 3 miles away on day games and take the El (subway) from your car to the stadium. Oh, and the fact that they have one elevator for food, cleaning, handicapped, and tv crews to all share. And you share the players entrance for your ghear, which leads you through the trash room into the stadium. Only stadium in the league where the players have to walk in through the trash room. Miller park is one of the most tv friendly and easiest stadium to work in, and with free press parking and cargo elevators, it's a huge plus. Also, you can tailgate in the parking lot after a long day of work, which is a great way to end a day. The midwest ballparks are fun, I recommend everyone see a game at Wrigley, US Cell, Busch, Miller Park, etc. But as far as working goes, i'm glad i'm mainly in Milwaukee over the Chicago teams, ever though the White Sox are who I root for.Tom.
Yeah, this doesn't matter.
I'll throw in a different perspective for the midwest. I am a tv cameraman for sports, and Wrigley is absolute hell to work in. Miller Park (Brewers) is one of the easiest next to US Cellular (White Sox). Those older stadiums, like Wrigley, might be fun for the fan, but they are miserable to work in. Got to love showing up to work at Wrigley at 7am for a 1pm game, and then the Cubs front office not showing up until 9am with press credentials to let you in, and then after the game, making you wait an hour or so to unload until everyone has been cleared from the stadium. Local parking is about 15-40 dollars, and with the neighborhood parking restrictions you have to park about 2 or 3 miles away on day games and take the El (subway) from your car to the stadium. Oh, and the fact that they have one elevator for food, cleaning, handicapped, and tv crews to all share. And you share the players entrance for your ghear, which leads you through the trash room into the stadium. Only stadium in the league where the players have to walk in through the trash room.
Violinist.jpg