25nl Pokerstars Ring Game

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($5.95)Hero ($26)UTG ($10)MP1 ($28.65)MP2 ($52.05)CO ($21.05)Button ($30.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with Adiamond.gif, Kspade.gif. 1 fold, MP1 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50.Flop: ($2.25) 3spade.gif, Aclub.gif, 9spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $2, SB folds, Hero raises to $5, MP1 raises to $27.9, Hero ?????? Dont know anything about the opponent. Do you call here? Play this hand any differently?

Reraise preflop.Don't make such a small checkraise on the flop. Make it ~$7.Snap call the shove.
What is your reasoning behind the higher checkraise? I am curious to hear the whole thought process. I can see some advantages to both the 2.5x and the 3.5x raises.

I reraise preflop to about $3 - $3.50. As simo said, the C-R should have been a bit higher. The shove on the flop is giving you about 3:2 to call... it could easily be two-pair, but just as easily be AQ, AJ. If he hit two pair, flat calling preflop gave him implied odds if he hit 2P like he did and knows how to exploit it. I probably call here based on the fact that its $25 NL and its likely this is Ax as well.

What is your reasoning behind the higher checkraise? I am curious to hear the whole thought process. I can see some advantages to both the 2.5x and the 3.5x raises.
A check-raise of 2.5x is basically a minimum raise. Minimum raises allow draws to get there cheaply, and it doesn't protect your hand. Check-raising the minimum is basically calling out of position.I think you have to call the raise on the river... he can easily be doing this with KQs, AQ or AJ. Maybe even A10 if he's terrible.
A check-raise of 2.5x is basically a minimum raise. Minimum raises allow draws to get there cheaply, and it doesn't protect your hand. Check-raising the minimum is basically calling out of position.I think you have to call the raise on the river... he can easily be doing this with KQs, AQ or AJ. Maybe even A10 if he's terrible.
Makes sense about the minraise helping draws and there is a flush draw out there....

Do you ever checkraise that small with a draw or with air? Unlikely.That means your range there is almost exactly:SetTwo PairDecent Ace.By raising bigger, you can put bluffs into your range as well as draws. You also get more value from weaker hands and price out draws better.

Do you ever checkraise that small with a draw or with air? Unlikely.That means your range there is almost exactly:SetTwo PairDecent Ace.By raising bigger, you can put bluffs into your range as well as draws. You also get more value from weaker hands and price out draws better.
Pretty good analysis here. I need to dwell on this. I mean I really wanted a call here. So, I did probably bet less than I would if I was on a draw or bluffing.
Pretty good analysis here. I need to dwell on this. I mean I really wanted a call here. So, I did probably bet less than I would if I was on a draw or bluffing.
Yes, you are telegraphing your hand a little. You will get called by the kind of hands you want to call anyway: AQ, AJ. By minimum raising you're also allowing any other hand that has a chance to beat you to have the correct odds to call you.Also, as someone said, you can later mix it up by checkraising here with a flush draw in this exact spot.