£0.03/£0.06 Top Set On Turn, Ugly Board

Sorry couldn't retrieve HH so I'll do this best I can.Around 50 hands into a session of very cold cards and a loose table. So I assume I'm seen as the table nit. Villain is bad, to put it mildly. Hand that stick out are a call of a pf 3-bet with 84o and a hand where he floated a 7-high flop with JT, picked up a straight draw then rivered 2nd pair. He c/c every street. Haven't seen him raise trash but he is calling with it.Stacks: 6-handedHero £6 - just topped up.Villain £9.50Hero is UTG with AcAd raises to £0.24. Folds to Villain in CO who calls. Btn and blinds fold.Flop:Ks7dTs (pot is £0.57)Hero bets £0.48, Villain callsTurn:As (pot is £1.53)Hero...?Now I think the villain could quite easily be drawing so that obviously hit the 2 draws out there. My question is should I be betting here for value from a lower set (however unlikely) or potential 2p that has just been made. Or is it b/f time because the villain's draw is so blatant? I hate c/f, c/c. My first thought was b/c, fold river UI.Thoughts appreciated.

Villain could have anything.3 aces is better than just anything.Bet money.
Well the main point of poker is to put educated guessing into the mix and make profitable plays; not just make moves just because your hand is good. To the OP: The problem here is that you've seen him do a lot of terrible plays in just 50 hands, so I don't think check/folding is an option here. I like the line you described: bet/call raise, fold river unimproved.
Villain is bad, to put it mildly. Hand that stick out are a call of a pf 3-bet with 84o and a hand where he floated a 7-high flop with JT, picked up a straight draw then rivered 2nd pair. He c/c every street. Haven't seen him raise trash but he is calling with it.
Well the main point of poker is to put educated guessing into the mix and make profitable plays; not just make moves just because your hand is good.
What does this knucklehead villain calling tell you about his hand?
What does this knucklehead villain calling tell you about his hand?
It narrows his range. Flush draw/Top pair-ish type hands. If he is the type of player to slow play a set/two pair on that flop, you can include those.Just bet like 1.35 to 1.4 and snap call a shove.
It narrows his range. Flush draw/Top pair-ish type hands. If he is the type of player to slow play a set/two pair on that flop, you can include those.Just bet like 1.35 to 1.4 and snap call a shove.
OK, to move this on I did bet this turn (£1.36) and he shoved. I told you he played bad, but I also told you he c/c every street, I never saw him bluff with air. So what is he shoving with? 2p or set more often than straight/flush?Can anyone find a heroic fold? Or is this a crying call and pray for the board to pair if we're behind? Or am I really becoming a terrified nit?

I don't know about snap-calling a shove. This is a tough spot. Hero's put in about 2, the shove means he has to call about 4 more for a pot of 8. Can someone pokerstove this villain's range? He can have a ton of hands, but this is the first time he's raised and he c/c's all the time. The problem is we've only seen him play 50 hands. But if he only c/c's a lot, he generally has a low AF. Then again, he could have two pair and could be overvaluing his hand. I don't know. If he's really that terrible, I'd crying call and reload if I'm not ahead and don't fill up.

OK, to move this on I did bet this turn (£1.36) and he shoved. I told you he played bad, but I also told you he c/c every street, I never saw him bluff with air. So what is he shoving with? 2p or set more often than straight/flush?Can anyone find a heroic fold? Or is this a crying call and pray for the board to pair if we're behind? Or am I really becoming a terrified nit?
I said call the shove on the turn.
  • 2 weeks later...

You can't fold.

Board: Ks Ts 7d AsDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	84.935%	  84.94% 	00.00% 			  1308 			0.00   { AcAd }Hand 1: 	15.065%	  15.06% 	00.00% 			   232 			0.00   { TT, 77, AKs, ATs, KTs, QsJs, Qs9s, T7s, 9s8s, 8s7s, 8s6s, AKo, ATo, KTo, T7o }

How about every flush draw?

Board: Ks Ts 7d AsDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	62.273%	  62.27% 	00.00% 			  1507 			0.00   { AcAd }Hand 1: 	37.727%	  37.73% 	00.00% 			   913 			0.00   { TT, 77, AKs, ATs, KTs, QJs, Qs9s, T7s, 9s8s, 8s7s, 8s6s, 7s6s, 6s5s, 5s4s, 4s3s, 3s2s, AKo, ATo, KTo, QJo, T7o }

You can't fold.
Thanks for digging this out again. I didn't fold. No part of my being would allow me. I was greeted with QJ, no spade in sight. River was a 9.I didn't post this hand because I lost it, but because of the board texture and actions of a previously passive villain could I have found a fold. The consensus was no. So I'm pleased with that.