HELP Can not bust bubble????????

For over a year now I have been playing tournament on line and live touurneys. I play MTT and STT. I have only been able to finish first a couple of time. I seem to take second to fourth 80% of the time I play. I would like to know if any one has any insight as to how to get over the hump. I am a solid aggresive player. When it gets down to 4 people I seem to have a block or something. any help would be appreciated.

Hi kjfranc,I play STT most of the time and occasionally MTT's. When I play Sitngo's for example I play very tight for the first three rounds and really only get aggressive with AA, KK, QQ (going in all). I wait for some of the loose players to burn out within the first three rounds. Once I am down to four or five I open up my game, steal blinds, bluff, etc., and I don't go all in unless I am short stacked. You need to do this because of blind progression.Be patient, I think this is key when you are on the Bubble. The cards will come and when they do, bet the bejesus out of em'. Be the nastiest aggressive player as you can be, because most opponents don't want to bust out so close to the money. This works for me and I currently have a 68% ITM rate.

Simply put, I would say you are not being aggressive enough. When it gets down to 2-3 players, most likely no one has a hand it is the person who takes a stab at the pot first who usually wins. Obviously it is not as simple as betting at every pot. As the previous poster stated, do some research on playing short handed/heads up.

I would suggest playing almost exclusively 6 player sit n goes for a few days to improve your late game situations. As the previous poster said, you probably are not being aggressive enough. You must be willing to put all your chips in the middle (often without a hand or on just a draw) in order to take the good amount of chips already in the pot. The one who is most aggressive when down to 4 hands is often the one who will win.