PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t2550)MP2 (t5030)MP3 (t2555)CO (t1505)Button (t4630)SB (t4275)BB (t735)Hero (t3035)UTG+1 (t2685)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif. Hero raises to t300, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t2550, 6 foldsHero??It is a $1.75 18-player turbo, no reads as he played on the other table.Looking at the stack-sizes we are both sitting alright.Instant Call?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t2550)MP2 (t5030)MP3 (t2555)CO (t1505)Button (t4630)SB (t4275)BB (t735)Hero (t3035)UTG+1 (t2685)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif. Hero raises to t300, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t2550, 6 foldsHero??It is a $1.75 18-player turbo, no reads as he played on the other table.Looking at the stack-sizes we are both sitting alright.Instant Call?
Pretty sure we snap here.

My tourney play is really rusty. With that note in mind. AK is a drawing hand. With out a good read on MP 1 I fold. A push like this is more likely a pocket pair and you need to make the draw. thats why they call them big slick. With 9 togo I fold , you still have a good stack to fight with. Also your table image will look strronger when you push.Now if he was short stack I would call. Say the BB makes a push after all folds I would call. He is short stacked .We can take that hit and still play on.

My tourney play is really rusty. With that note in mind. 1. AK is a drawing hand. With out a good read on MP 1 I fold. A push like this is more likely a pocket pair and you need to make the draw. thats why they call them big slick. With 9 togo I fold , you still have a good stack to fight with. 2. Also your table image will look strronger when you push.Now if he was short stack I would call. Say the BB makes a push after all folds I would call. He is short stacked .We can take that hit and still play on.
1. This doesn't matter. Try to stop classifying hands as made hands and drawing hands. All we are looking for is equity. 2. Nobody knows that you are folding AK so this isn't going to do anything for your image. Actually, raise/folding can only hurt your image. Unless, of course, you like getting 3bet often.
1. This doesn't matter. Try to stop classifying hands as made hands and drawing hands. All we are looking for is equity. 2. Nobody knows that you are folding AK so this isn't going to do anything for your image. Actually, raise/folding can only hurt your image. Unless, of course, you like getting 3bet often.
1. I would agree with this if the table was short handed. WE have 9 on the table, So I think we still need to think in terms of made hands or drawing hands.Again he has almost the same size stack. Now if it was the BB we could say it was and equity call.2. A Raise/fold does give us better table image. They don't need to know that we folded AK. All they need to know is that we folded after a show of strength. Now when we push or raise and stay in the hand I think we show strength.My final thought on your post is: How many times did you see some one get knocked out of a tourney with AK to a pocket pair. A fold cloud have turn out to be a better move to stay in the tourney.
1. I would agree with this if the table was short handed. WE have 9 on the table, So I think we still need to think in terms of made hands or drawing hands.Again he has almast the same size stack. Now if it was the BB we could say it was and equity call.2. A Raise/fold does give us better table image. They don't need to know that we folded AK. All they need to know is that we folded after a show of strenght. Now when we push or raise and stay in the hand I think we show strenght.My final thought on your post is: How many times did you see some one get knocked out of a tourney with AK to a pocket piar. A fold cloud have turn out to be a better move to stay in the tourney.
1. I'm saying that we should never think of hands in terms of drawing or made. Ever. The play is either going to make me money or it isn't. We can't be hesitant to make a play because we are "drawing". 2. In a $1.75 we don't have to worry too much about our image. 3. All the time. I also see AA get busted by 86o every day too . That doesn't mean we stop shipping aces in preflop with high blinds.
1. I'm saying that we should never think of hands in terms of drawing or made. Ever. The play is either going to make me money or it isn't. We can't be hesitant to make a play because we are "drawing". 2. In a $1.75 we don't have to worry too much about our image. 3. All the time. I also see AA get busted by 86o every day too . That doesn't mean we stop shipping aces in preflop with high blinds.
1. I do think you need to think of the hand as made or drawing. We are raised in early position. The raise came from MP1 not a late position. So We short put more info In our call our fold. To make the call of all in we need a better hand.2. I still think a tough player will take image in when think out the hand.3. we are not talking about AA here. AK still has some work to do after the flop.

1. Whatever, I give up. 2. You aren't likely to find too many tough players at a $1.75 tourney.3. I was just using an example. If we have a good spot, we have to take it.

Snap call. We are ahead of his range. Even though our hand is technically drawing. There is a large % of the time that he will be making this play with a lower ace, even KX sometimes, along with pp's that we are flipping with. It's completely ridiculous to think that since he raised, he has a made hand. Theres going to be the large amount of time where the villain also doesn't have a "made" hand.I call here all day every day. In a 1.75, he is not going to have AA or KK enough times to make it a -ev move. And if we win this hand here, we have an even better chance of getting the money.

I'm going to go against the grain and say it's not a snap call. Most of the play at this level is so loose that I am going to say that, at worst, you are a coin flip against a pp, more likely ahead of a weaker A or even KQ, KJ (suited, of course, since people way overvalue their suited hands).But if you think you have a good chance of outplaying most of the players, fold and move on. You've got enough chips to keep playing.

Don't fold AK in a $1.75EVERDon't even look for a spot to fold it
yeah really.and for bigger money this is where PT/sharkscope comes in critically handy. Check this guy, if he loses money, call, if he makes money fold.thats how simple it is.

I call for a few reasons:1) the play is generally poor at this level and he can easily have hands like AQ, AJ, KQ, KJs in his range2) it's a turbo and you're sitting kind of middle of the pack, so you have to look for opportunities to make moves - this is may be the best chance you get3) you've recently moved to the one table, and many players have trouble adjusting from being at a short table to the full table - this widens his range a bit more