This One Hurt A Bit

I don't think I played this great, but I hate getting rivered in this situation. I had such a tight image that I actually induced one guy to lay down a flopped straight when I went all-in; he said after the hand that he had 86. So he hit a 5 outer. I guess it wouldn't have mattered if the straight called, but it still seemed pretty sick.PokerStars Game #12361698987: Tournament #61826018, $3.00+$0.30 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2007/09/30 - 16:42:20 (ET)Table '61826018 81' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: Gramaxo15 (29319 in chips) Seat 2: Posejdon (23375 in chips) Seat 4: BiG_TiME_845 (6450 in chips) Seat 5: K1980K (32877 in chips) Seat 6: greenmann31 (26108 in chips) Seat 7: Xodius_Maxx (18510 in chips) Seat 8: BrandonPL (9293 in chips) Seat 9: TRAPS1 (14540 in chips) Gramaxo15: posts the ante 50Posejdon: posts the ante 50BiG_TiME_845: posts the ante 50K1980K: posts the ante 50greenmann31: posts the ante 50Xodius_Maxx: posts the ante 50BrandonPL: posts the ante 50TRAPS1: posts the ante 50Posejdon: posts small blind 300BiG_TiME_845: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Xodius_Maxx [Qc Kd]K1980K: calls 600greenmann31: folds Xodius_Maxx: calls 600BrandonPL: calls 600TRAPS1: folds Gramaxo15: calls 600Posejdon: calls 300BiG_TiME_845: checks *** FLOP *** [9c 7s Th]Posejdon: checks BiG_TiME_845: checks AceStace is connected K1980K: bets 1200Xodius_Maxx: calls 1200BrandonPL: folds Gramaxo15: raises 3000 to 4200Posejdon: folds BiG_TiME_845: folds K1980K: calls 3000Xodius_Maxx: calls 3000*** TURN *** [9c 7s Th] [Qh]K1980K: bets 4800Xodius_Maxx: raises 8860 to 13660 and is all-inGramaxo15: folds K1980K: calls 8860*** RIVER *** [9c 7s Th Qh] [8h]*** SHOW DOWN ***K1980K: shows [Qd 8d] (two pair, Queens and Eights)Xodius_Maxx: shows [Qc Kd] (a pair of Queens)K1980K collected 43920 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 43920 | Rake 0 Board [9c 7s Th Qh 8h]Seat 1: Gramaxo15 (button) folded on the TurnSeat 2: Posejdon (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 4: BiG_TiME_845 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 5: K1980K showed [Qd 8d] and won (43920) with two pair, Queens and EightsSeat 6: greenmann31 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Xodius_Maxx showed [Qc Kd] and lost with a pair of QueensSeat 8: BrandonPL folded on the FlopSeat 9: TRAPS1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Stop chasing gutshotsproblem solved
I wasn't chasing it to the river. If I actually chased gutshots often or thought that a Jack was all I could catch, perhaps I'd consider your advice. I may have folded on the turn in quite a few situations but when you've been card dead for as long as I was the nut straight draw looked like a good situation to risk seeing the turn, I also felt that I was priced in by the way it played out. The guy who busted me was playing nearly every single hand so I didn't think he was very strong anyway.
I wasn't chasing it to the river. If I actually chased gutshots often or thought that a Jack was all I could catch, perhaps I'd consider your advice. I may have folded on the turn in quite a few situations but when you've been card dead for as long as I was the nut straight draw looked like a good situation to risk seeing the turn, I also felt that I was priced in by the way it played out. The guy who busted me was playing nearly every single hand so I didn't think he was very strong anyway.
then raise

that was the worst bad beat story ive ever read/heard/seen. thats a everyday beat that sucks. Bad beats are when you trips get beat by higher trips, or ur flopped flush gets beat on the river by a higher flush. your story happens to me everyday, maybe even at every table ive ever played at lol.

that was the worst bad beat story ive ever read/heard/seen. thats a everyday beat that sucks. Bad beats are when you trips get beat by higher trips, or ur flopped flush gets beat on the river by a higher flush. your story happens to me everyday, maybe even at every table ive ever played at lol.
It was situational. I doubt you're playing tournaments everyday where you have a chance to more than double to near the chip lead of the field and make a move to get someone to lay down a straight while someone else hits one of five cards on the river to knock you out instead. That happens to you everyday? Plus where does it say it has to be some unbelievable beat to be able to post it? I never hyped it to be something crazy. I don't care if you're displeased because it isn't some epic bad beat.Plus you say how set over set is such a horrible beat. That basically means that the other player started with a higher pocket pair and it just happens to get there too, which isn't that much of a beat in my eyes. OH NO MY 22 HIT A SET ON THE FLOP, AND AN ACE HIT ON THE RIVER AND HIS POCKET ACES WON. NO WAI@@ I HAVE SUCH BAD LUCK!!1 Higher flushes also mean your cards were lower to begin with, and it isn't that crazy to see a 4th suited card come off to give a higher flush. Wtf dude, that's 7 outs. Boohoo, such bad beats. My story certainly wasn't worth mentioning to the likes of your world class beats.