Thinner Than An Anorexic 16 Year Old?

Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $4.75UTG+1: $4.05CO: $18.95Button: $5.30SB: $15.35Hero: $29.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 4 :D A :D J :club: 3 :D2 folds, CO calls, Button raises to $1.1, SB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.Flop: Q :) 7 :D J :) ($3.4, 3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets $3.4, Hero raises to $13.6

I like it against a villain who is raising a lot of hands in position and continuation betting a lot of flops.Against more passive, straightforward players I'd probably c/f flop.

This play loses a lot of oomph against good opponents for one main reason:This is a good flop for a high hand. By check raising this flop you are repping a high hand. But if you *actually* have a high hand, you aren't about to check on that flop and give two players the chance to see a 2nd low card come out for free. So if you have a high hand, you have to actually "bet" that flop straight away. Then only dangerous "high hand" that can c/r this flop is holding the ace of clubs. And god forbid if one of the other two hands is holding that card, because then they pretty much know you are full of air.6-handed against middle-of-the-road players, this could work, but it's a bad habit to get into. You need to sell a story to your opponents, and the pieces you've contributed to the puzzle might not add up properly. A better line *might* be to cold call the flop and pot the turn, especially if it isn't a low card, but then you risk letting the CO close the action and see the turn as well, so meh. Plus by cold calling the flop and popping the turn, I'm not even sure what I'm repping anymore, so it's either genius or insanity.edit: how the hell did I miss that the CO was playing for $5? Nice catch, Chamonyx. Give the CO ten more dollars, and I still stand by my statement :club:

Pay better attention to stack sizes: do you really expect him to fold for is last $0.55, getting huge odds?If you want him to fold, GIVEN HIS STACK, you need to lead at this.
i actually figured to be ahead enough where i just wanted to get rid of the co.