Survivorman Crossover

We were all disappointed to learn you had passed on the opportunity to compete in Survivor - China. So much of Survivor involves reading your opponents, and who better to do that than a professional poker player. This is especially true of a seasoned veteran who has logged countless hours at the tables studying his opponents and picking up information through subtle variations in their behavior. As much as any other player on the tour you exemplify this trait and it would have been interesting to watch you put it into practice under the harshest of conditions.To make amends to those who track your career I offer the following ultra-reality crossover concept: Daniel and Les Stroud (Survivorman) team up for a two part episode in which the two Canadians temporarily try to survive in the others world. First Daniel will coach and mentor Les Stroud through a WSOP event next season. In return Les Stroud will guide Daniel during a seven day stay in the Canadian Wilderness. Yeah, I know its a long shot but it would be certain to make for some eventful television. Admittedly Daniel is getting the shorter end of the stick, as Les stands to lose his entry fee, while Daniel risks both life and limb.for your consideration,G

The thought of Daniel Negreanu surviving in the wilderness makes me LOL in strange ways that I've never LOL'd before.

The thought of Daniel Negreanu surviving in the wilderness makes me LOL in strange ways that I've never LOL'd before.
Seriously. It's hard to picture Daniel hunting for food.
I would absolutely pay to see this.BTW anyone annoyed that in this season he has had much more "stuff" to survive with, although harsher terrains.
I'm a little disappointed Les is now bringing a survival kit with him into the field. This is supposed to be a worst case scenario show, so having things like an axe or a fire starter with you seems like cheating. Still, it is useful to see which products work and which are dead weight. At least Les is upfront about the advantages he gives himself, unlike Bear Grylles who has a team of engineers working for him behind the scenes (very disappointing).
I'm a little disappointed Les is now bringing a survival kit with him into the field. This is supposed to be a worst case scenario show, so having things like an axe or a fire starter with you seems like cheating. Still, it is useful to see which products work and which are dead weight. At least Les is upfront about the advantages he gives himself, unlike Bear Grylles who has a team of engineers working for him behind the scenes (very disappointing).
A couple friends of mine told me that it recently came out that Bear Grylles does not spend every night in the wilderness, that they go and get him with a chopper and bring him back in the morning. They said that they show actually conceded to this. I have not seen this anywhere but if it is true that is (very dissapointing)

That's why I've always liked Survivorman better than Man Vs. Wild. Les Stroud(Survivorman) is doing everything HIMSELF. Surviving and filming at the same time. When he runs into a problem HE has to deal with it, not a camera crew. It's real.Bear Grylls(Man vs. Wild) has god knows how many people with him, helping with everything. It's entertaining to watch, but I don't take his "survival" seriously.

That's why I've always liked Survivorman better than Man Vs. Wild. Les Stroud(Survivorman) is doing everything HIMSELF. Surviving and filming at the same time. When he runs into a problem HE has to deal with it, not a camera crew. It's real.Bear Grylls(Man vs. Wild) has god knows how many people with him, helping with everything. It's entertaining to watch, but I don't take his "survival" seriously.
I love on Survivor man when he walks 2 miles twice to get a cool shot!I believe Bear Grills only has one guy with him, but that guy has constant contact with saftey crew. With that being said I think we would be naive to believe that Les Stroud does not have a GPS and possibly SAT phone, especially since last episode his saftey team got to him within one hour.

Yeah, the survivalist shows aren't suicide pacts. You can bet your ass there are, at least, minimal comms to ensure no one dies.

A couple friends of mine told me that it recently came out that Bear Grylles does not spend every night in the wilderness, that they go and get him with a chopper and bring him back in the morning. They said that they show actually conceded to this. I have not seen this anywhere but if it is true that is (very dissapointing)
I remember reading an article about this online a while ago done by the BBC I believe. They said he would film a scene, then go off camera to where they had a tent set up and start having tea and crumpets.Crumpets, people.Survivorman >> Man v Wild