$1/2nl, local philly card room.I'm very familiar with most of the players at the table. Newest one is sitting to my right and he's a payoff wizard with a weak top pair. He also has shown down a number of trash hands like 10-6s and 7-3s that he called preflop raises with. His stack has turned gigantic thanks to catching a str8 flush on the river against another player 2 orbits ago, he's clearly the main mark at the table and "likes to gamble."Other players are V1, a non-solid lag who plays any ace, raises with all his good ones and a couple of bad ones, and likes to bet/raise early to "find out where he is," and V2, who only raises with pairs and big cards preflop and has made it very clear that he is terrified of playing pots with me. Both view hero as TAG.Stack sizes:V1 - ~200V2 - ~150Mark - ~700Hero - 280Preflop: Hero is in small blind with AdJc. V1 limps in early position, V2 raises to $15 right behind him (this is V2's standard preflop raise), Mark calls from the button, Hero calls, bb folds.Flop (4 players, $60): AhKd6dHero checks, expecting a weak continuation bet if the PF raiser (V2) has a pocket pair and a strong bet if PF raiser has a big ace (this is relatively reliable based on what I've seen from the guy). V1 bets out $25, V2 looks disgusted then folds, The Mark calls, Hero raises to $100. V1 folds, Mark calls.Turn (2 players, $285): 5dHero pushes for $165 more.

$1/2nl, local philly card room.Newest one is sitting to my right and he's a payoff wizard with a weak top pair. He also has shown down a number of trash hands like 10-6s and 7-3s that he called preflop raises with. His stack has turned gigantic thanks to catching a str8 flush on the river against another player 2 orbits ago, he's clearly the main mark at the table and "likes to gamble."
That would be this guy<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<It's fine... he has an ace here enough if he's an idiot like you said. Anyone can justify bad play by saying the other guy is an idiot.

I guess it depends on how much of a POW he is. If he is thinking at all then its hard to see him calling you with a worse hand here and you've basically turned your hand into a bluff. If he's really bad enough to call you with a10 here then I don't mind the play. FWIW, I really don't like calling pf with AJo from the sb after a tight player raised, another called and one other person to act. You're going to be out of position against one person who likely has a better hand than you, another who you will have trouble putting on a hand, and another who you obviously have no fold equity against, with a marginal hand.

I guess it depends on how much of a POW he is. If he is thinking at all then its hard to see him calling you with a worse hand here and you've basically turned your hand into a bluff. If he's really bad enough to call you with a10 here then I don't mind the play. FWIW, I really don't like calling pf with AJo from the sb after a tight player raised, another called and one other person to act. You're going to be out of position against one person who likely has a better hand than you, another who you will have trouble putting on a hand, and another who you obviously have no fold equity against, with a marginal hand.
It's live. People leak live. Be honest.. how many times do you find yourself playing kj to a raise in a live 1/2 game?
It's live. People leak live. Be honest.. how many times do you find yourself playing kj to a raise in a live 1/2 game?
Amen to that. I wouldn't say the raiser is all that tight. His range is probably 33-AA, AK, AQ, AJ, KQs. Add in that he plays pretty predictably postflop and there's a target who makes a lot of mistakes and I think the choice is primarily between calling and raising here. I chose the call because I won't be taking it down preflop and one or two callers of a decent raise basically will have me pot-committed.My thinking at the time was that I'd seen the guy make horrendously bad calls in previous hands, I had the redraw if he'd chased with two random suited cards again, and also that the pot was big enough that I probably wasn't folding the redraw to any bet anyway, so I might as well push.It was definitely muddy thinking because I was simultaneously hoping he'd pay me off and looking for fold equity. I could see an argument for check-calling and also for betting a more modest amount - probably around half my stack, which would commit me against a raise but maybe bring a few more weak hands along, including something like KQo with the queen of diamonds.
O RLY? Kojak is a premium last time I checked bud.ITS A ****ING KING AND A JACK, THATS PAINT SIR.
KJ? I have trouble folding 5-3o. . . :club: I withdraw my comment