So I just watched the first two episodes of 'Saving Grace'. I was intrigued by the fact that Holly Hunter would agree to do the series, even though it looked suspiciously like 'Touched By an Angel'. So I mostly just wanted to watch it out of curiosity for what attracted Ms Hunter to this project.And after two episodes, the verdict is..... undecided. It is a show that could go either way. It flirts precariously with "total gimmick", but the characters are well written enough that I have hopes the show will find it's stride once the characters are established and the back-story fills in a little.This show runs the risk of 1) getting too preachy, 2) getting too gimmicky, 3) getting stuck in the same story (Grace won't be saved, blah blah blah...). I'm almost afraid to watch more episodes, because I'd hate to see Holly Hunter wasted on junk, but I'm really curious as to whether they can pull off this balancing act. The cop story part of it is OK, although they try a little too hard. After watching The Shield, cop stories will never be the same.