A Reality Poker Tv Show Idea

Reality TV is the craze now adays. So why shouldnt poker have a spotlight in reality tv? My idea is simple. A Poker Star picks a student. How many poker stars well that needs to be determined. Cameras follow the poker star and student around. Now some of you are thinking bah bah poker shows are boring. Well thats when we add in another side. To get away from all the learning and poker cameras follow the Teacher and Student to do something fun. For example Daniel could take me golfing, haha ive never golfed before in my life. Thatd make good tv right there. Sort of like American Chopper meets Poker Stars.A determined amount of time should be allowed for teacher to teach the student. At the end of this period there is a show down between the students. The students not only represent themselves but there teacher as well. This wil give alot of publicity to Poker Stars and any sponsoring site. Say Phil Helmuth is on for teacher representing Full Tilt. Daniel Representing Poker Stars. Helmuth representing Ultimate Bet. THis is advetisment like crazy for these sites. The showdown should be an hour long episode in which the students go against each other in a NL holdem TOurnament. Top 3 or so should advance to the next week. Keep bringing in new people to fill the gaps. The stars learn to teach better each week and the students learn to play better along with the world whos watching. This would give publicity to Poker as a sport and should only bring good things to the industry. Channels should be wanting this show especially ESPN. Let me know what you guys think. I sent the concept to Daniel in a PM before I posted here. If this idea manages to go anywhere I would like to keep my hand in it. :club:

Ideas for to get on the show could be like survivor. A video mailed in or emailed saying why you should be on the show and how long you have been playing? Ive also thought over the tournament ideas on each sites software to determine that weeks recipient. This would probably cause alot of experienced players to play and win so this idea isnt that strong to me. It is an option tho.

Welcome to the forum.You have a great idea, don't let the critics get you down later... this place can be rough.I do have some reservations as to how much the pros would be willing to teach.I got the impression that not much was made of Protege 2, at least we didn't learn much about what Mak was taught, though DN did say the kid knew 'everything' anyhow.I think the extracurricular part would be more interesting to the broader public, but if current taste is any guide, we'd have only sexy females as students (or teachers), etc. I've sworn off cable TV forever...