$200 NL tournament at The Bike. I am under the gun with $750 in chips. Blinds are $10-$25. I look down to find poket kings. The table has been fairly aggressive so I limp. I get three callers and the button raises to $250 and the small blind calls. I go all in. Was this the right move?The result is ... only the button called saying, "I know you have me beat." (I hate that saying) and turns over Ad3d. The flop comes Ah and two diamonds. I get a king on the turn, but the river is another diamond. Comments.

All in preflop vs. any one opponent is a huge favorite against any hand but AA, so as long as you didnt believe any of them had rockets then you were making a good move. It's always dangerous to move all in in a tournament but you gotta do it sometimes.Shock

Yeah it sucks busting out early but think about the other way, you're gonna with that most of the time. If you would have doubled up right there you'd be in a pretty dominating position (from what it sounds like the chip stacks were). From that point you can pick and choose what pots you want to play, or you can play more aggressively because you can still afford to lose a few pots while stealing some blinds and putting pressure on the short stacks.Shock

so if you don't go all in, you still have 500, right? I think the Bike starts you out with 800-1000 in chips. When a tourney is in the early rounds(1st, 2nd or third round), players tend to play loose to accumuate chips. Like an Ace with a weak kicker. So if you get raised to 250, i jus call and if an ace hits and he bets big, i get away from it. Bad luck, but it happens alot and you have to defend against it.TJ talks about folding Kings early in a tourney in one of his books