Playing A Tourney For A Friend On Ps

Is this allowed. I am currently playing on full tilt, but not on stars, and a friend has asked me to take over for him on PS. Is this allowed, and will it cause problems in the future if we were to play a cash game together. Thanks

From pokerstars.com tournament rules page:With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars. Examples:You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.You and a friend, who is a tournament pro, are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.

Well I never played in this tournament, and in fact am not playing on pokerstars at all right now. So not sure where that falls.

Those rules don't really cover the situation though. The OP isn't in the tournament so it's not a matter of "a player may play on only one account during a tournament". It would be covered under PS allowing multiple people to login to the same account. I think that's generally forbidden but in their examples in the quoted rules here it would certainly have to be done in their "ok" examples. I suspect it's not something that anyone is going to notice or care about. While it's probably technically against the rules I seriously doubt it would ever cause a problem and it seems to be done pretty frequently.

Those rules don't really cover the situation though. The OP isn't in the tournament so it's not a matter of "a player may play on only one account during a tournament". It would be covered under PS allowing multiple people to login to the same account. I think that's generally forbidden but in their examples in the quoted rules here it would certainly have to be done in their "ok" examples. I suspect it's not something that anyone is going to notice or care about. While it's probably technically against the rules I seriously doubt it would ever cause a problem and it seems to be done pretty frequently.
Agreed. Just don't do it after you've both entered and I wouldn't worry about it.

Well failing laptop does seem to be close enough, and got the reply from stars that I can play if I didn't play it, in the case of emergency, so I have taken over.

will it cause problems in the future if we were to play a cash game together.
You will no longer be able to play cash games together if the ip you log on to his account with is one that you have logged onto your own account with. hope that makes sense.