Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ScottK2001

  • Rank
    Poker Forum Newbie
  1. What I meant was that I wouldn't really put AK in my shoving range there. I wasn't looking at it from a "combos" perspective, but rather if there is a 90% chance I have AA-KK, and only a 10% chance of AK-QQ (since normally those could be folded), then AK doesn't have enough equity to call.Though my question is whether, if you're the one holding the AK, do you assign a shoving range of AA/KK only, or do you add AK/QQ there?
  2. I decided that, as strong as the BB's raise was, I'm not good enough to fold Kings pre. SB tanked and folded what he said was QQ.BB snap called with AdKd and I held to win a pretty big pot.But that leads me to my even bigger question about the hand. How can the BB call me there with AK? I MAYBE show up there with AK 10% of the time, and maybe QQ even less than that, but it has to be AA or KK 85-90% of the time, right? I can't imagine bluffing in that spot.And I think the SB played it the same way I would have played QQ. Or does anyone think QQ can find a call there? I just don't see it f
  3. Pretty sure I know the answer, but can I fold KK pre in this situation? It's the 10R on stars (though we're long past the rebuy period), and each of the three people in the hand had around average chipstacks, or slightly above average. Neither of the two villains had been out of line, and I haven't been playing too many hands.Also, if I shove, what should be the calling ranges for the SB and BB?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 50 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB (t23029)UTG (t22795)Hero (UTG+1) (t20077)MP1 (t8534)MP2 (t19157)MP3
  4. So as played, most people say to fold the turn--which is what I ended up doing. But here's where I think I went wrong, and why in hindsight I think it was a mistake.When I called the bet on the flop, the pot had around 9500 in it. Villain at that point only had 10K remaining. If he had a really strong hand, or even any sort of King, wouldn't he bet 4K or 5K, committing me to call on the river, too? Also, given the pot odds, I'd only need to be correct one in three times for it to be a breakeven call (though I know in this type of setting I need to go beyond the math). Also, he's pretty he
  5. So I just played in the HPT Main Event in Indiana, and the following hand came up about 3-4 hours in.Starting stack was 15K, and I was up to approx 25K after doubling up about 10 hands in. Average was approx 17,500. Blinds 200-400.I had been at a new table for around an hour. Villain was an older guy (probably in his 50's) wearing a fairly worn Poker Stars polo, who seemed like a very solid player. He had around 15K in chips. I hadn't played too many hands at the new table, and based on how things had been going, I probably had a weak/tight image.On the hand in question, Villain, UTG, ma
  6. With respect to the maybe I am playing too high comment, I think I may have been misunderstood. I agree that I want to make the most +EV move every time, I'm just saying that given the competition, that analysis could change. In a low-stakes SNG, I would expect the other players to have much wider ranges than in a high-stakes SNG, thereby making a call more often the correct decision.Just like, for example, if I see someone is playing in 20 SNGs at once at a medium limit, and they make an UTG raise, I can immediately put them on a much tighter range than some random making the same raise. I
  7. Thanks again for the good discussion. Even though the results are for the most part irrelevant, I ended up (reluctantly) calling and UTG+1 called as well. Turns out that the button had the set of 7's, and UTG+1 had 7d 8d for top two. I spiked the king on the turn and it held, but now I'm confident that it was the wrong play in the long-run.As a bit of a postscript, what about the play of UTG+1 there? I understand the RR with top two, but can he possibly fold to the button shove and my call, or is he committed at that point? I guess by holding 7-8 it makes it less likely that he's facing a
  8. Why does the buy-in not matter? I feel like in a cheapo SNG, I'm often seeing A8 go all-in on that board, as well as any overpair and whole lot of random draws.
  9. I appreciate the discussion--this is very helpful. Two other quick questions, and then I will reveal what I did, as well as raise the question of whether UTG+1 made the right play given his holding:1) Does the fact that I have the Kh, and therefore have a few extra backdoor outs if indeed someone else has a set, make any difference? Or does the possiblity of someone else having the nut flush draw make that a dangerous red herring?2) Did I lead out for too much on the flop?
  10. Early on in a $225 SNG on stars. I only played one hand thus far, and I hit a set of jacks, but it didn't go to showdown. Is there any way I can call here? If this was a $16 SNG, I think I'd call for sure, but given the stakes, I dunno...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 225 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 (t1500)MP2 (t1470)MP3 (t1470)CO (t1290)Button (t1570)SB (t1570)BB (t1500)Hero (UTG) (t1710)UTG+1 (t1420)Hero's M: 57.00Preflop: Hero is UTG with K , K Hero bets t60, UTG+1 calls t60, 4 folds, Button calls t60, SB calls t50, 1 foldFlop:
  11. If not for the fact that it was 4-way, I'd have folded pre. As for the good player part, I feel like if it was heads-up, then sure, but not with 2 people left to act behind.Also, if I just check the river and BB pots it for $120, does that change anything?
  12. I'm still relatively new to PLO, and I have a lot to learn. In this situation, I bought in for $120, and ran it up to $575, and was about to leave the table when this hand came up. I'm guessing I misplayed this hand at multiple spots, but I'm most interested in what I'm supposed to do on the river. BB seemed to be playing well, and didn't seem like a maniac.PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $6.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($731.50)Hero (SB) ($574.60)BB ($643.50)UTG ($134.25)MP ($600)CO ($226.90)Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 , 3 , J , A :club:UTG calls $6
  13. I appreciate the responses. Seems like most people agree I was correct to call. He showed KQ.So is the better play there to c/r the flop, or lead on the turn?
  14. I thought about the check/call line, but isn't that going to cost us value in the long run from hands like AK, KJ, and possibly Q-J, or Q-10 (though those hands probably bet if I check)?
  15. Over the weekend I played in the $1100 HPT main event at the Majestic Star. About 5 minutes into the tournament (probably the 3rd or 4th hand), this situation comes up.Blinds are 100-100, 15K starting stacks.MP raises to 300 (no reads, but he hadn't played a hand yet), it folds around to me and I call in the BB with Ac7c.Flop comes Kc 5c 2d. I check. MP makes it 600. I call.Turn Qc. Check. Check.River Qs. I bet 1500, MP raises to 3500. Hero?
  • Create New...