So this week I rented Dark Blue and Slither from Netflix, and I have to say that I greatly enjoyed them both. Dark Blue is a cop drama set during the week of the LA Riots (right after the Rodney King verdicts). It's an excellent film starring Kurt Russell and a solid supporting cast, including Scott Speedman, Ving Rhames, and Brendan Gleeson. Ron Shelton directed, and did a fantastic job for a guy mostly known for sports movies (Bull Durham, Tin Cup, White Men Can't Jump, etc). Definitely worth a watch, excellent action and performances. Slither was much better than I expected, I generally don't like horror movies because they're just so lame, but this one is so over the top and cheesy that it's flat out hilarious. Nathan Fillion (Firefly) stars as a small town sherrif who has to fight off an alien race of bugs that take over the townspeople (think Invasion of the Body Snatchers, only funny). Gregg Henry (Payback) co-stars as the town's mayor, and he nearly steals the show in that role. Worth a watch, possibly a purchase if you're the type that likes to see movies again and again. It has definite re-watch potential, I laughed my ass off most of the way through it. Sitting at home, I still have Mission Impossible 3 and Miracle Match to watch, if I think of it I'll tap out some reviews of those as well. What are you watching this week?