good rule for bankroll/buy-ins?

I was just wondering if the bankroll requirements for playing Omaha Hi-Lo was any different than the standard 300 Big Bets suggested for playing Limit Hold 'Em. Also, what's a good amount of Big Bets to sit down with for any particular session? For the buy-in question, we'll discuss live play, since the amount may be a little different for online than live.

Assuming you're playing limit, then I'd suggest that the bankroll for single table is similar to LHE, but depends somewhat on your style. The buy-in is somewhat irrelevant as long as you can play the current hand all the way.For pot limit online, most tables have limited buy-ins (e.g., $50, $100); I would always buy-in for the maximum. Short money gets killed. In a live game you want to have about as much as the next highest guy. As for bankroll, I think it's a matter of the number of buy-ins rather than the BB, although these are related. In my online account I keep a minimum of 10 buy-ins for the table limits I play.

If you are playing limit, you always want to have at least 12 big bets in front of you at the start of each hand - if you are short, then that is when you will hit a monster.I buy-in for 20-25x and rebuy if I get down to 12.Pot limit depends on a couple of factors: I will take what I am prepared to play with today (and have available) and look at the stacks around the table. I like to divide my playing roll by 3, but if that will leave me a bit short compared to several stacks, I will divide it in 2. As you said, on-line is more straightforward.

There was an article a few weeks ago on O8 bankroll requirements in cardplayer. I'm too lazy to search for it but feel free to do so. The gist of it was that you can get away with a smaller bankroll for O8 then hold'em. Assuming that you are a winning player since the swings are much smaller for a good Omaha player then a good hold'em player.

The gist of it was that you can get away with a smaller bankroll for O8 then hold'em. Assuming that you are a winning player since the swings are much smaller for a good Omaha player then a good hold'em player.
I would completely agree. I am a winning player at both Omaha and NL Hold Em, but my swings at NL were much wilder. A good Omaha player will not see much variance other than in the short term.